Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > Flathead's Profile > Albums

GZ250 Madness
From rotten non-runner to a sweet ride
Looks like I stretched bike. I did not. The swingarm & rake are stock. Hard to believe this was under all the big dress this bike wore.
License plate mount
This bike rides as good as it looks. The best top speed is 74 mph on interstate. I am 180 lbs. Tracks like it is on rails. Steering heavy in parking...
Bar end mirrors
The brake light in front of shock is an O'reilly flashlight wired to 12 volts. Works great. I built seat & sewed up a cover.
4 valve head with 2 ports???. Who designed this head? Must have been an engineer. Fork legs were damaged in some wreck in its life. Repaired legs &...
Key switch
1978 KZ305 speedometer
The tank required new mounts to be welded to frame.
The fuel tank is from a 1970 TU250. The badges on tank were only offered for 1 year. Left side is gold & right side is silver. The paint is a...
Rear fender floats from swing arm brace.
The rear frame pieces are made from 3/8" hot roll. Top shock mount location required some serious head scratching.
EX500 front fender cut off & installed as hugger
The shifter action is backwards. Parts were handbuilt to work. EX500 rear sets are the inspiration.
The exhaust had to be refined many times for it to fit just so.
2013 GW250 mono-shock
Seat pan is a handicap sign & electrics box is a Sam's sign from the 80's.
Headlight is a O'reilly spotlight with H4 bulb. Shield was bent over my leg & a propane bottle.
Making it all fit
The bike had not had an oil change or valve adjustment for the 9 years the owner had driven it.
He will ride for a lifetime. Notice the leaking forks, rusted chain and rims. Still hard to believe bad it was. Madness
Rotten non-runner
Exhaust rotted off
Here is the Madness part