PDA

View Full Version : New [to me] GZ250

buck-gz
07-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Buck Hoffman and I have just purchased a 2005 GZ2005. I love this bike. I have been on it every day for the last two weeks, except a couple of days of rain. I live outside of Washington, DC close to city and country roads. I hope to get lots of practice on both. I have been riding since I was a kid in the '70s. First bike was a borrowed [that's right, temporarily borrowed] Cushman. I really learned to ride on the street with a friend's Kawsaki KZ440. My last bike was a 1985 Honda CM250 Custom. I believe that was the forerunner of the Rebel.

I have not ridden regulary for 17 years, but I have the bug again with this cool little Suzuki. I am commuting on it every day. Eight miles to work is too short a ride to have much fun, but my Jeep Cherokee does not get nearly the gas mileage as the GZ. I will save the fun rides for the weekends.

The forums are great. I compliment those who ask good questions, and those who share their vast riding/maintenance experience. I have already found out how to do those necessary maintenance tasks that I need to do on my GZ, and I cannot wait to add the tachometer and the saddle bags!

I will post pictures soon.

Orpheus
07-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Buck Hoffman and I have just purchased a 2005 GZ2005. I love this bike. I have been on it every day for the last two weeks, except a couple of days of rain. I live outside of Washington, DC close to city and country roads. I hope to get lots of proactice on both. I have been riding since I was a kid in the '70s. First bike was a borrowed [that's right, temporarily borrowed] Cushman. I really learned to ride on the street with a friend's Kawsaki KZ440. My last bike was a 1985 Honda CM250 Custom. I believe that was the forerunner of the Rebel.

I have not ridden regulary for 17 years, but I have the bug again with this cool little Suzuki. I am commuting on it every day. Eight miles to work is too short a ride to have much fun, but my Jeep Cherokee does not get nearly the gas mileage as the GZ. I will save the fun rides for the weekends.

The forums are great. I compliment those who ask good questions, and those who share their vast riding/maintenance experience. I have already found out how to do those necessary maintenance tasks that I need to do on my GZ, and I cannot wait to add the tachometer and the saddle bags!

I will post pictures soon.

This seems to be a pretty common story with the gas prices being what they are. I get asked about my gas mileage and insurance rates all the time and people always seem to be really interested in picking up a GZ or similar bike.

patrick_777
07-25-2008, 12:08 AM
People always smirk a little when they hear it's a 250, but then they become really interested and "understanding" when I tell them my average gas mileage. They usually follow up something about finding one themselves.

I say "good luck".