PDA

View Full Version : decals

dwa
08-14-2008, 10:23 AM
The only modification that I've done to my 07 is to remove the decals on the side panels and the "Suzuki" decal from the top of the rear fender. I really dislike decals. I miss the old days when actual metal emblems were used.

dwa

Magnar Infectus
08-14-2008, 10:48 AM
I removed all six decals and the dealer plate cover the first week or two I got my '08.
It was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I just used the corner of my license.
If Suzuki or the dealer want me to advertize for them, they're going to have to make it worth my while. ;)

*edited for typos

Sarris
08-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Ditched the ones on my 2005 too, but left the "S" tank emblems on.

:)

dwa
08-18-2008, 10:05 AM
Good to hear that I'm not the only one who dislikes the decals. I did leave the Suzuki "S" on the tank. I'm wondering if anyone has done anything special with the side covers. Any graphics, pin striping, etc.?

--dwa

Magnar Infectus
08-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Nothing on mine currently. Though I am entertaining the thought of having something airbrushed on the tank.

Graydog
08-20-2008, 10:13 PM
On the side covers I have had "Piglet" (Winnie the Pooh) in vinyl. On the tank I put "Thumper" from Bambi.
Not very original as I have seen a lot of thumpers with Thumper on them. It still surprises me how many other
riders don't get it. On the other hand it helps break the ice with some big bike riders. Some love it and instantly accept the little guy without a seconds notice. (Truth told...all Harley riders cry when "Ol Yeller" dies.)

patrick_777
08-20-2008, 11:40 PM
If Suzuki or the dealer want me to advertize for them, they're going to have to make it worth my while.

Every time I buy a car at a dealership, I make them take their dealership stickers off before I leave the lot with it. I've had two of them tell me that they wouldn't do it and it was against their policy...until I walked back inside to have them tear up the paperwork.

jonathan180iq
08-21-2008, 08:56 AM
I hate those things. I would prefer most cars only coming with a simple manufacturer logo and be done with it.

rusty rider
08-23-2008, 06:44 PM
After reading this post, and a couple of adult beverages :roll: I removed my today. I like having just the S on the tank. The bike just looks cleaner.

patrick_777
08-23-2008, 08:10 PM
You should take the back seat and rear pegs off, it'll look really clean then.

rusty rider
08-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Rear seat already gone, moved saddle bags up against mod. front seat and added a tool bag to cover saddle bag straps. :cool: