PDA

View Full Version : Oh crap...

Kenny007
08-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Well, I just completed a rather stressful move from my native NY to my wife's native CT. Everything went terribly as planned, but I was happy that my bike made the trip unscathed....or did it? As I brought the bike around back (this place has a lower level garage entrance which isnt terribly convenient for daily use of the bike...as there is no pavement en route...), it quickly became apparent that the grass had gotten wet, but I guess this realization didnt come soon enough. On my slowish turn (I was in a backyard, so the bike wasn't going terribly quick) the bike toppled with me on top. Large bruise aside, I was rather worried about the bike over my own welfare. The bike stopped running upon hitting the ground, and didn't restart until I gave it a bit of throttle a minute or so later. Otherwise, the bike seems to run fine and there's no scratches or even scuffs to report.

However, the bike tipped downward on its right side, and I think a good amount of impact may have been directed towards the right footpeg. I've never been able to sit on a stationary bike comfortably with both feet up, and I haven't ridden it since so these factors may be affecting the following feeling...but it feels as though the footpeg isn't entirely seating when in the down position IE: it feels a tad spongy I guess I could say. Not only that, but the brake lever seems to be resting a bit higher, so that if I wanted to hover my foot over it while ridding, my foot would have to make a more acute angle NOT to hit it. I hope either of those descriptions makes sense. Maybe I'll be able to get a pic or two soon. Other than my worries, the section of bike looks fine, and the brake still seems to work, so I don't know what to think.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Easy Rider
08-31-2008, 09:35 PM
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I think it is time for you to start developing a good working relationship with a local Suzuki dealer near to your new home. :)

They probably can straighten both pieces that are bent for you in a few minutes and .......how they treat you in the process will tell you if you should look for ANOTHER dealer or not.

countrydad
09-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Easy is probably right. Some concerns I would have is the possibility of a cracked brake lever (search the forum since this has been discussed), and the possibility of cracked frame/"hardware" on the footrest (again search the forum).

At any rate, it is a good idea to know a reputable shop in your area.

Ride safe!