PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie

Ofnoan
01-01-2007, 08:32 PM
I am a new rider, just passed my driving test a week ago. I’ve always dreamt of riding a motorcycle and now when I’m 50 decided it’s about time to stop dreaming and make it true.
Yesterday bought a 1999 GZ250 with 46,000 km (29,000 miles). Hope it is a smart choice: the small bike is less intimidating for a new and inexperienced rider and still looks very attractive, a “real bike”.
Happy there is a forum here for GZ250 owners.

BadMojo
01-02-2007, 01:26 AM
You are not alone I turned 48 last week and have been riding for just two months or so. Sure is fun isn't it?? Lots of good info and good people here. hope to read your posts on your progress riding. carlos

Bill
01-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Welcome board! For what it's worth I think you made a good choice. Past reviews of the GZ250 in motorcycle publications give it very favorable marks. It is also a widely used motorcycle for many safety programs. It was what my wife and I used when we took the course. As a result we both considered buying the GZ250. She has a nice 2006 model but unfortunately it is really too small for me. I had to go with a larger frame but still stayed with the Suzuki family. It's hard to beat for reliability and economy and has no problem getting up to speed and sustaining 55 -60 mph. As you said it's a very attractive real bike.
I understand the excitement of finally riding. I didn't start until 58.

Cheers!

Ofnoan
01-02-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!