PDA

View Full Version : Shift Peg

dreamers-62
09-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Does anyone else have trouble reaching the shift peg...it almost seem like it should be shorter..I have to physically move my foot to reach it ..(maybe its the new rider syndrome) Do you know if you can buy shorter ones...??

primal
09-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Shift peg? You mean the shift lever? I don't have a problem at all. Sounds like either new rider syndrome or possibly short feet. :)

Out of curiosity, are you resting the balls of your feet on the pegs or the arches of your feet?

patrick_777
09-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Is it that you have to point your toes down to get under it too much, or do you just have really short feet? The shift lever is adjustable up and down. Adjusting it up usually has the same effect as "shortening" it.

Check the owners manual, it'll tell you how to adjust it. You can also search some of the Maintenance threads here, which I know there is a couple of pretty detailed descriptions, if not pics of doing it.

dreamers-62
09-05-2008, 06:11 AM
I have short feet..6.5 and now that I think about it I think that I am resting the balls of my feet on the pegs....maybe I should try the arches...and will definately check the owners manual about adjusting them and the forum fro "how to's". Thanks for the info guys :cool: