PDA

View Full Version : heated riding vests

gzrider
09-17-2008, 07:17 AM
i bought 2 heated vests me and the wife ride 2 up lots, got no kids ,and never tried to ues them till now , i went to the dealer and he tells me you cant use barely one, electrical is too weak, and its been too long, cant return them , so i hooked both up to test to see what would happen, both on low riding , no issue yet, i put both on high , headlight dimmed a bit but only did it a minuite, couldnt tell anything much, seemed to not be a problem, but that was only one day testing it. they are made by synergy, draw 4.5 amps a piece, thats 9, the owners manual says the bike is 10 amps .what dose the all knowing say ?

Sarris
09-17-2008, 08:53 AM
You need to read this thread. And no, the GZ elec system won't run those vests.

http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1612

:whistle:

Easy Rider
09-17-2008, 09:31 AM
i went to the dealer and he tells me you cant use barely one, electrical is too weak,

I agree with the dealer, mostly.
ONE of them on low should not be a problem. You can add 2-3 amps of additional load but that's about the limit.......and even that might be too much if your average speed is really low....like stop and go in town.
You might get away with both on low for a while but not long (meaning maybe 20 minutes). You could take turns, having only one on at a time.

That 10 amp rating is TOTAL. The headlight alone draws about 4 amps.

AND.......you NEED a battery tender !!