PDA

View Full Version : new handlebars!

JIBTEXHNKA
09-29-2008, 08:17 PM
i forgot to tell you! i put drag(ish) bars on my bike. i love it!

it was hard, i almost lost a bunch of parts, i didn't realize i was going to need to drill holes in the new bar do so that set me back a few days, and the controls almost hit the tank when i turn, but i made it all work out and now it's awesome.

i'll put some pictures up someday if anyone cares

music man
09-29-2008, 08:20 PM
I care and why didn't you put them up now. :neener:

Easy Rider
09-30-2008, 09:20 AM
i forgot to tell you! i put drag(ish) bars on my bike. i love it!

It probably would have been easier to trade the GZ in for an S40 !!! :roll:

crisis123
10-02-2008, 02:29 AM
me too, i care. love to see what you have done. that is my next project. is it really hard to put it in? this is my first bike and i have no idea about motorcyle. also not mechanically incline. but i would like to learn and explore. please if it is possible tell me step by step so i wont screwed up. thanks again.

Dupo
10-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Actually you dont HAVE to drill the handlebars. Most of the time when you clamp the controls down, they dont move. The nub that fits into the hole is there for extra measure. Even if it did move, you could get some of that non-skid (sandpaperish) tape and wrap it on the contact point where the controls clamp down.

Post pics .. im curious as to what the gz would look like with drag bars.

Water Warrior 2
10-02-2008, 06:47 PM
The little nubs are probably more to speed up assembly in the factory. Cut them off.

Easy Rider
10-03-2008, 10:56 AM
The little nubs are probably more to speed up assembly in the factory. Cut them off.

There's a nub ?? I've rotated my controls about 4 times and never paid any attention to any "nub" and they seem to stay put OK.

purslant
10-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Pictures, Pictures, Please !
Sounds very cool!

JIBTEXHNKA
10-18-2008, 02:14 AM
pictures coming... eventually