PDA

View Full Version : any online stores that stock normal parts for the gz,

dannylightning
04-19-2009, 12:00 AM
like break pads, air filters, tires and such crap that your gonna need to replace often. i called the 3 suzuki dealers in town and none of them had any parts in stock for the gz

5th_bike
04-19-2009, 12:20 AM
People here report good experience with Ron Ayers.

I once ordered several parts form Mrcycles dot com, their prices are good and their shipping rates are very reasonable.

Stay away from suzukipartshouse dot com, they (claim to) have the best parts prices, yet I Alt-F4ed them after shipping was going to cost $120... Mrcycles charged only $20 for shipping the same parts, and the parts were only a few dollars more on an about $200 order.

patrick_777
04-19-2009, 01:04 AM
That's a negative on the Ron Ayers site actually.
A quick search will find that they're unreliable. Try bikebandit.com and cheapcycleparts.com. Both of them I've had exceptional luck with and they're cheap on shipping.

mr. softie
04-19-2009, 01:46 AM
My local dealers rarely have any parts in stock, but will order them when I call. They take a few days to come in and they are usually a bit less expensive than bikebandit etc (no shipping) unless they are having a clearance sale. Plus I am supporting my local business.
I have also purchased various items, both parts and gear, from bikebandit & have found them to be reliable.

Easy Rider
04-19-2009, 10:12 AM
i called the 3 suzuki dealers in town and none of them had any parts in stock for the gz

That's true here too but they can usually get them overnight.....if you order before noon.

mrlmd1
04-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Unless there is a significant price difference, what's the big deal with ordering parts through the dealer and waiting a day or two for them to come in vs. ordering online and waiting a few days to get them ( and paying for shipping)? You also may get some free advice from the dealer, arrange returns or discuss other problems more easily, and develop some sort of relationship with them that may have some advantage later.
If you do a search on here for most of your questions you'll find most of the answers plus a good deal of discussion on the topics you are asking about.

dannylightning
04-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Unless there is a significant price difference, what's the big deal with ordering parts through the dealer and waiting a day or two for them to come in vs. ordering online and waiting a few days to get them ( and paying for shipping)? You also may get some free advice from the dealer, arrange returns or discuss other problems more easily, and develop some sort of relationship with them that may have some advantage later.
If you do a search on here for most of your questions you'll find most of the answers plus a good deal of discussion on the topics you are asking about.

well all the dealers are a good 30-45 min away. i would figure you got to go down there and pay for them and than go back and pick up up when it comes in. if i only had to make one trip no big deal. but if i halve to spend over 2 hours of my time going there and back twice and paying for gas to get out there and back twice it would be easier just to order it.

ill halve to call again and see if i can order that stuff with out going down there so i dont got to make 2 trips. i want to pick up a oil & air filter and front break pads. if i do halve to make 2 trips it might be more convenient to order them in my case.

Easy Rider
04-19-2009, 11:57 AM
well all the dealers are a good 30-45 min away.

A "real" rider would see that as a good thing; just a good reason for a ride. :biggrin:
Now, if you have to go THROUGH Memphis to get there.........all bets are off.

My dealer has a web site where you can order parts online, get a 15% discount and have them shipped either to the shop (free) or directly to you at home. This is a really good deal. I still GO THERE to get my parts most of the time.

Come to think of it, with the "ship home" option, I don't see any reason that anybody couldn't use their web ordering. Have a look:

http://www.sportlandmotorsports.com/

primal
04-19-2009, 07:56 PM
The only experience I've had with Ron Ayers has been positive. Bought two tires and an x-ring chain for my KZ from them. No complaints here, but I'm just one person. You know how that goes.

I really like doing business with Dennis Kirk. Good prices, and one of the few online retailers that stocks parts for my 26 year old bike.

Bike Bandit is also an excellent online store.

Sarris
04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Me too. Ron Ayers has been great. Microfiche part number lookup is great too.

:)

dannylightning
04-20-2009, 12:00 AM
thanks guys ill go to their sites and book mark them.

dannylightning
04-20-2009, 12:17 AM

A "real" rider would see that as a good thing; just a good reason for a ride. :biggrin:

yeah i got to go through Memphis and it would take for ever to get to any of those unless i get on the freeway.
and fyi i have only owned a bike for about 3 weeks. i have no problem riding in heavy traffic and im comfortable with it but deep down i feel its better to stay out of crazy traffic conditions, for any rider.

Water Warrior 2
04-20-2009, 03:51 PM

yeah i got to go through Memphis and it would take for ever to get to any of those unless i get on the freeway.
and fyi i have only owned a bike for about 3 weeks. i have no problem riding in heavy traffic and im comfortable with it but deep down i feel its better to stay out of crazy traffic conditions, for any rider.

Don't go through Memphis, ride AROUND Memphis. Make a day of it for that matter. Do a little exploring on the way and see the sites.