PDA

View Full Version : mount a digital camera for free + video of how it turned out

dannylightning
04-20-2009, 01:01 PM
most all digital camera's take video nowadays and they all have a little spot to hook a wrist strap on it. all you need is a rope and a pice of tape
http://www.postimage.org/aV2rRjgA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV2rRjgA)

[youtube:3t12702o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdSdEcsUW3c[/youtube:3t12702o]

take a rope or a necklace and stick it through the little wrist strap hook make sure it hooked on to the camera securely. mount that around your neck. turn the camera the right way run the necklace around it and up the other side, tape it to the side of the camera that does not have the hook. hit record and off you go.

i will have a video up using this method shortly. it's uploading right now

Water Warrior 2
04-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Wow, that method works amazing well.

JWR
04-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Neat!!!!!

I liked how the ride, and music all stopped at the same time...

Jerry

dannylightning
04-20-2009, 05:36 PM
Neat!!!!!

I liked how the ride, and music all stopped at the same time...

Jerry

thanks, it was pretty much luck the the song stopped when i pulled up to the stop sign.

i added the music with windows movie maker, that's a fun little program.

BusyWeb
04-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Amazing that it worked well....
Why I didn't think about it...... ha ha ha
Thanks for the posting.
And pretty nice road ride you have!

BTW: where is your riding glove ???
(or, you might have skin color glove... ha ha ha)

mr. softie
04-21-2009, 01:37 AM
Junior Brown? Cool music!

dannylightning
04-21-2009, 05:42 AM
Junior Brown? Cool music!

junior brown is correct. that guy amazes me on the the guitar. i need to find one of those double neck guitar/steel guitar things that he plays. i really cant believe he is not more well known, glad to see some one other than my self knows who he is.

adrianinflorida
04-21-2009, 09:20 AM
That worked great, I didn't think it would. There's less vibration than with a mount, becuase your body is isolating the camera from the bike's vibrations. Great friggin' riding roads you have up there.

dannylightning
04-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Great friggin' riding roads you have up there.

i moved here out of the city last summer, that's part of the reason i finally bought a motorcycle after wanting one for ever. as soon as i pull out of my drive way im on those roads, you cant beat it :ride:

dannylightning
04-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Amazing that it worked well....
Why I didn't think about it...... ha ha ha
Thanks for the posting.
And pretty nice road ride you have!

BTW: where is your riding glove ???
(or, you might have skin color glove... ha ha ha)

my gloves were under the seat. O_o

Dupo
04-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Very nice video! That IS a great idea .. and here i've been holding mine while riding lol.

dannylightning
04-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Very nice video! That IS a great idea .. and here i've been holding mine while riding lol.

i tired that when i was riding the bike in my yard but when i need to stop i almost dropped the camera and decided not to do that on the road