PDA

View Full Version : Centre Stand

dobsonp2
04-22-2009, 05:39 AM
Hi
I`ve just bought a 2003 GZ250 a week ago and would like to know if anybody can advise me if it`s possible to purchase a centre stand for the bike in addition to the side stand. If that`s not possible I wondered whether there`s one for the marauder 125 or intruder 125 and if this would be compatible for the GZ250?

May Thanks

Paul
West Yorks
UK

alantf
04-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Ey up Paul! It's grand to have another Yorkshire lad on the site! By birth an Englishman - By the grace of God a Yorkshireman! (even if I do live in Tenerife now) I lived mostly in the Rotherham/Doncaster area, but did a lot of work (I'm a retired electrician) up in Leeds.

As for the centre stand question, that's been well covered in one of the other posts (can't remember which one, & I'm too idle to look) The general concensus is that nobody's found one yet.

One other thing while you're here. I'm trying to identify a gadget on my bike, & none of the Yanks can help, as it isn't on the American bikes. Mine is European spec, so the English spec may be the same. If you can help, go to "troubleshooting" > "starting problem" & all will be revealed.

Thanks, Alan.

By the way - If you ever decide to come to Tenerife for a holiday (not very likely with the state of the £/euro) don't forget to PM me for a meet up.

For our American friends - Tenerife is (or was!) a favourite holiday destination of the English. It's only 4 to 4½ hours flying time away.

adrianinflorida
04-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Alan, I emailed a couple of your pics to a buddy at the local dealer, to see if he has any ideas on what the heck that is.

dobsonp2
04-22-2009, 08:27 AM
Alreet Alan,

Thanks alot for getting back to me so quickly. You`ve probably saved me loads of wasted time looking for a centre stand. If I can help you with your gadget search, I will.
If i`m heading to Tenerife i`ll look you up, but what with the fantastic weather in Yorkshire at the moment i`d be better off saving my brass. (cash for our american friends)

Anyway good to hear from you.

Paul
ps Just taking the whippet out for a walk !!

adrianinflorida
04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
ps Just taking the whippet out for a walk !!

Hey, way too much information, what you do to your "Whippet" (Probably British slang for a certain body part) is your own business.

:)

(Just kidding, welcome to the board)

alantf
04-22-2009, 09:54 AM
The stereotype Yorkshireman is always seen wearing a flat cap, white scarf, & boots (along with a collarless shirt & a navy blue serge suit) Whippet racing (along with pigeon racing) were always seen as the poor Yorkshireman's sports, so he usually had a whippet on a lead. I say "poor" because even though Yorkshire was the centre of heavy industry, such as the steel works & the coal mines, the money always went to the bosses, not the hardworking Yorkshiremen.

I speak from experience! The reason I took early retirement was that I suffer from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, that I got while working as an electrician, in the 1970s, in the Yorkshire coal mines.