PDA

View Full Version : Cant find rear inner tube any where

dannylightning
04-24-2009, 04:24 PM
no one seems to carry a 130-90-15 or a 5.00/5.10/15 tube for the rear tire. i did find one metzler tube that stated it could be used for a lot of different sizes including the one for the gz but it either had a side valve stem or a tr 87 90 degree valve stem. i called the place and asked about the valve stems and they told me if i have a regular valve stem on my bike neither of those valve stems will work.

i would image the Suzuki dealer could get them but i don't want to make a 40 min drive each way just to order a tube and halve to make the drive again to pick them up.

D Futch
04-24-2009, 09:06 PM
I just ordered one from Tiresunlimited.com for $12.01 + shipping got in about 3 days.

dannylightning
04-24-2009, 09:47 PM
I just ordered one from Tiresunlimited.com for $12.01 + shipping got in about 3 days.

What size did you order, i don't see the correct size on the list..

adrianinflorida
04-25-2009, 09:27 AM
You "can" use a 140/15 tube in a pinch, that's what was in my bike when I replaced the rear tire a few months back.

Easy Rider
04-25-2009, 11:22 AM
i called the place and asked about the valve stems and they told me if i have a regular valve stem on my bike neither of those valve stems will work.

WHAT ?? I'd like to hear an explanation for that. Makes NO sense to me.

Sarris
04-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Me either. Mines got a 90 degree valve stem on the rear. Makes filling a lot easier.

:??:

dannylightning
04-25-2009, 12:18 PM
You "can" use a 140/15 tube in a pinch, that's what was in my bike when I replaced the rear tire a few months back.

well i guess ill just go to the dealer, i ordered tires and found a tube for the front. i searched like crazy yesterday for a rear tube and nothing my old tube is good but i would rather have a new one and the right one.

i guess i need to get break pads and a air filter any ways. cant seem to get any thing unless you order it from the dealer. thanks for the info, ill keep that in mind in case i ever get in a pinch.

if i make 4 of those wooden motorcycle jack stands and prop the bike up on them than take both wheels off will it be pretty sturdy, don't want it to to fall over.

primal
04-25-2009, 02:16 PM
dannylightning, give BikeBandit.com or DennisKirk.com a try for parts.

dannylightning
04-25-2009, 02:48 PM
dannylightning, give BikeBandit.com or DennisKirk.com a try for parts.

bike bandit did not seem to have one. i must have checked out about 30 different places and nothing.

i took a ride down to the dealer and ordered a tube, what the hell it's a really nice day i needed a air filter, front break pads and to get a key made any ways.

thanks for the suggestion though.

i set on one of the new s40's down there, that's a pretty cool looking little bike. it had some drag bars on it.