PDA

View Full Version : Need my GZ Louder!!!

marmar1982
04-28-2009, 09:43 PM
This bike is a super starter bike for me.... but it's lacking some sound. Nobody knows I am next to them at traffic lights, on the road, etc..... I searched online for an exhaust but have had no hop.. please help!!! By the way... I am not looking to spend much $ for this is my starter bike... Thanks :2tup:

dannylightning
04-28-2009, 09:54 PM
there is no hope if you are trying to get it to sound like a harley rumbling down the street.

if you want the same crappy sound only louder with a slightly different tone there is hope with universal mufflers.

i spent a lot of time trying to find pipes for the gz and after talking to people on here. and listening to some sound clips of this bike with new pipes, no thank you.

Dupo
04-28-2009, 10:37 PM
The search function on this forum is your friend.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19&hilit (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19&hilit)

David Bo
04-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Yup, Danny is right. You have a single cylinder engine that produces a "thump thump" sound. You will never get a "rumble" sound out of it unless you buy two GZ's and tape them together!

I bought a EMGO muffler from JC Whitney and installed it last weekend. The sound is, in my opinion, much better - but at the end of the day it is just a lower pitched "thump thump".

dannylightning
04-29-2009, 05:37 AM
You have a single cylinder engine that produces a "thump thump" sound. You will never get a "rumble" sound out of it unless you buy two GZ's and tape them together![/quote]

:lol: if you tape two together :lol: i think it will only make twice as much of that horrible sound :puking: plus you would halve to one fat :curse: to be able to ride the thing.

Easy Rider
04-29-2009, 09:45 AM
plus you would halve to one fat :curse: to be able to ride the thing.

Sarris:

Sounds like your "one for each cheek" plan ?? :shocked:

:crackup :haha2: :biggrin:

Sarris
04-29-2009, 10:59 AM
EXACTLY !!!!

:lol: