PDA

View Full Version : Tranquility's 2009 GZ...

Tranquility
05-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Not the venue it deserves (my crowded garage), but until I get some glamor shots out in the yard, here's my ride. Yay!!

adrianinflorida
05-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Nice, reminds me that I have A LOT of polishing to do on mine. :)

David Bo
05-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Very nice bike... Tell your husband to hurry up and put that bag of grass fertilizer down! It dandilion season! :biggrin:

Dave Bo

Moedad
05-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Shiny!

New GZ250
05-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Looks "exactly" like mine! :)
Will post a picture of mine soon! I am a bit biased but that is one of the best looking GZ's I have ever seen! Great color too!
:2tup:

burkbuilds
05-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Wow, you've got that chrome shining great! Nice bike.

Tranquility
05-12-2009, 08:13 AM
To be fair, that picture was taken when the bike had less than 10 miles on it ... it was showroom-shiney! After putting a few miles on it this past weekend, I noticed a couple bug carcasses plastered to the headlight and thought "oh! My bike has been defiled!!" ;-)

It has about 200 miles on it now and has already been washed and waxed (thanks, Hubby!!).

Mr. New GZ250, something about straight-up black & chrome, yes?

Dave Bo, Dandelions: too late. Way, way WAY too late.

Easy Rider
05-12-2009, 09:21 AM
It has about 200 miles on it now and has already been washed and waxed

A clean desk (bike) is the sign of a sick mind !! :poke2: :biggrin:

Well, maybe unless you get somebody ELSE to clean it for you !! :tup:

alantf
05-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey Tranquility,
I've just thought about something, & then went back & looked at the photo of your bike................... Can I possibly persuade you to invest in an engine guard at the earliest possible moment. Really, I think that the English term "crash bars" is more appropriate, as it is more to do with protecting your legs in case the bike goes over. The one thing you don't want is a burning hot engine pinning your leg to the ground. I hope I'm not scaring you from riding, but spills happen to anyone. I've been riding for over 40 years, & just last week a car turned left into me, because the guy didn't check his mirror, as I was overtaking. The guard got mangled - but my leg didn't!

If you decide to get one (and I sincerely hope you do) I would check different brands of guard as the general opinion on this site is that the Suzuki guard is useless. I'm afraid I can't help you out as my strong guard is Spanish.

Tranquility
05-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi alantf,

No, you're not scaring me at all. In fact, my husband and I are currently looking at crash bars for his Honda Shadow, so I'm getting an education on what to look for and the different profiles/options.

Safety is paramount and it's a good day when you can walk away from an accident.

I'm very glad to hear you (and your legs!) are okay from last week's adventure. That must've been terrifying!

Easy Rider,

"A clean desk (bike) is the sign of a sick mind !! "
I was going to respond w/a pic of my desk top ... trust me, my mind is healthy! ;-)

Easy Rider
05-13-2009, 05:13 PM
In fact, my husband and I are currently looking at crash bars for his Honda Shadow, ......

A Shadow will lay over on it's right side, continue to run and sustain no damage.....other than a broken turn signal lens.

(Wonder how I know THAT!!!)

Oh, and I have a crash bar......but it's still in the BOX. :roll:

alantf
05-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh, and I have a crash bar......but it's still in the BOX.

Aw, c'mon easy - Firstly, let me say that I'm glad you've done no serious damage, but secondly, when the guy at the bike shop gave me the guard that he'd replaced last week (so that I could put it back on to replace the mangled one until the insurance gets sorted out) it must have taken me all of five minutes to swap it. Surely you've got five minutes! Get it sorted! I know from personal experience that when your pride and joy gets "bent" it's heartbreaking.

Easy Rider
05-13-2009, 05:45 PM
it must have taken me all of five minutes to swap it. Surely you've got five minutes! Get it sorted!

1) There is a radiator in the way. I'm sure it is going to be more than 5 minutes.

2) I'm glad to see that you think you can schedule my life better than I can. :skull:

Water Warrior 2
05-13-2009, 09:23 PM
it must have taken me all of five minutes to swap it. Surely you've got five minutes! Get it sorted!

1) There is a radiator in the way. I'm sure it is going to be more than 5 minutes.

2) I'm glad to see that you think you can schedule my life better than I can. :skull:

Easy, it was said with the best of intensions. Alan may not be that familiar with your new ride. Glad it wasn't a more serious drop. Hopefully the crash bars will go on easy with no skinned knuckles. My rule of thumb for installing stuff.
Do a mental walk through and estimate the time needed. Now multiply by 5 and you are golden.

alantf
05-14-2009, 06:25 AM
I know from personal experience that when your pride and joy gets "bent" it's heartbreaking.

I was trying to show some sympathy. O.k. easy - forget it! It's just not worth trying to talk to a guy like you! :skull:

Tranquility
05-14-2009, 07:30 AM
C'mon boys, play nice.

alantf
05-14-2009, 08:16 AM
C'mon boys, play nice.

Tranquility, You've yet to sample easy's venom. He's not picked up ,yet, on anything you've said, but it's early days yet. The guy won't be able to resist some scathing comment about what you write in all innocence.

mrlmd1
05-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Let's not get into one of these again. Easy is just being Easy, and that's the way he is. We all know each other pretty well on here now, so we have to all try and accept each other's quirks and take it with a grain of salt and sometimes let it go. He's not ALL bad, he just had a bad day and Mother Nature and the laws of physics beat him, and fortunately there's no real harm done except to his ego and a broken tail light to teach him and the rest of us a lesson. Now let's get back to the topic at hand. :cool:
I inquired from Spaan, have yet to here back from them, if their engine guard is available or can be shipped over here, they also have a nice sportlamp support for some auxiliary lights that looks interesting,

Easy Rider
05-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Aw, c'mon easy.... it must have taken me all of five minutes to swap it. Surely you've got five minutes! Get it sorted!

What the HELL ????
Let's forget biases caused by previous transgressions for a moment here, please, and take this situation at face value. Doesn't ANYBODY else see the above comment as insensitive and intrusive?
And you all jump on ME for being offended by it ??
Give me a freeking break !!!

Oh, and I really appreciate those who took this as an opportunity to beat me up yet again for things that should be long ago dead and burried.

There have been LOTS of newbies on here lately and I haven't attacked a single ONE of them......because they are behaving like nice and decent human beings. Now, some of you "old timers", maybe not so much. I am really disappointed.

Tranquility
05-14-2009, 09:30 AM
C'mon boys, play nice.

Tranquility, You've yet to sample easy's venom. He's not picked up ,yet, on anything you've said, but it's early days yet. The guy won't be able to resist some scathing comment about what you write in all innocence.

Yes, well, I fully expect in time that I'll get flamed by SOMEbody for just being me. But until I do, I'll reserve judgement.

Your friendly "warning" is itself a thinly veiled flame on Easy Rider, so ... {shoulder shrug}.

alantf
05-14-2009, 09:36 AM
I inquired from Spaan, have yet to here back from them, if their engine guard is available or can be shipped over here, they also have a nice sportlamp support for some auxiliary lights that looks interesting,

I don't know if you've seen their catalogue in its entirity, on the net, but in case you haven't, it's well worth getting them to mail you one. If their stuff IS available in America, there's a goldmine of "nice things" in the catalogue.

adrianinflorida
05-14-2009, 11:54 AM

I don't know if you've seen their catalogue in its entirity, on the net, but in case you haven't, it's well worth getting them to mail you one. If their stuff IS available in America, there's a goldmine of "nice things" in the catalogue.
Here's a link to the catalog:
http://www.multispain.com/CATALOGOpdf/s ... talogo.pdf (http://www.multispain.com/CATALOGOpdf/spaan_catalogo.pdf)

mrlmd1
05-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Got it, thanks. I'm waiting to hear back from them as to where over here we can buy their "stuff" or if they will ship to here.

alantf
05-14-2009, 02:54 PM
or if they will ship to here.

If they have to ship, it will be 98 euros (don't know the conversion to dollars exactly, but around $140)for the guard, plus shipping.