PDA

View Full Version : What about a standard harley muffler??

NoMates
08-08-2009, 05:50 AM
Okay so Im probably flogging the old dead horse here :horse: but what about adapting a standard slip on style HD muffler for a bit better(IMO) sound and maybe performance.? I can get a pair cheaply (only need one obviously) and have a few mechanical skills to do the job myself, so could save a bit of money on labour. Im sick of the megaphone exhaust and want my bike to look a little different. Personally i like the look of HD standard muffs and dont really give a rats ass if the old GeeZer doesnt pull stumps, Im not after power, Im after the 'custom' touch. Any one done it? :popcorn: :popcorn:

Shawn
08-08-2009, 09:33 AM
I put one on mine. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2481 (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2481)

NoMates
08-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Oh mean thats it Im doing it!! Im gona try n keep the exhaust all chrome thou (just a personal thing) Wicked looking bike man ,I like the rear fender kinda like a V rod muscle..Thanks heaps.. :2tup:

Blackbird
08-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Okay so Im probably flogging the old dead horse here :horse: but what about adapting a standard slip on style HD muffler for a bit better(IMO) sound and maybe performance.? I can get a pair cheaply (only need one obviously) and have a few mechanical skills to do the job myself, so could save a bit of money on labour. Im sick of the megaphone exhaust and want my bike to look a little different. Personally i like the look of HD standard muffs and dont really give a rats ass if the old GeeZer doesnt pull stumps, Im not after power, Im after the 'custom' touch. Any one done it? :popcorn: :popcorn:
Most people can't tell right off that mine was changed over to a sportier exhaust. With the filter mod, needle shim, larger jet mod and 16 tooth sprocket, it's a fun ride for a 250. Make the change, you won't regret it.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353 (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353)

NoMates
08-19-2009, 04:18 AM
Yeah it looks real nice Blackbird. I have the mufflers sitting on my bench now just gotta make it happen..Will keep ya posted