PDA

View Full Version : dumped the new bike in the garage, chock your wheels.

dannylightning
09-21-2009, 09:25 PM
was doing this exhaust mod i was reading about on the volusia riders forum and while i was doing it the bike rolled forward about a inch and there went the kick stand. plop right on its side. .

damage report.

i got a scratch on my front fender and one on my mirror and that's about it. i call that pure luck. too bad a little bit of bad luck came before the good luck..

i guess i should have chocked the wheel since was messing with the bike.

alanmcorcoran
09-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Add that one to your other thread...

music man
09-21-2009, 09:49 PM
was doing this exhaust mod i was reading about on the volusia riders forum and while i was doing it the bike rolled forward about a inch and there went the kick stand. plop right on its side. .

damage report.

i got a scratch on my front fender and one on my mirror and that's about it. i call that pure luck. too bad a little bit of bad luck came before the good luck..

You can also put a thick rubber band or velcro strap around the front brake lever to hold it still.

dannylightning
09-21-2009, 10:16 PM

damage report.

You can also put a thick rubber band or velcro strap around the front brake lever to hold it still.

that's a good idea too.

Dupo
09-22-2009, 01:26 AM
http://www.politicalbyline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/homer-doh-square.jpg

alantf
09-22-2009, 04:49 AM

After my bike ran forward off the stand (even though it was in gear!) on a hill, shortly after I got it, I ALWAYS carry a velcro strap round the mirror arm, so I can grab it quickly, & put it round the brake lever. Steep hills are a way of life over here, so the velcro's saved a lot more damage to the bike. :)

dannylightning
09-22-2009, 08:51 AM
i still cant believe the nothing really happened to the bike, i think most of the weight was setting on the seat and the clutch lever i guess that big wide seat came in handy. it sticks out over the side of the bike. i was out there for a while trying to find any thing else that got messed up from the fall.