PDA

View Full Version : Thumper tricks

Dupo
03-20-2010, 01:32 PM
[flv:2ohc62m0]http://content.leenks.com/media/2010/6frq9ai38d.flv[/flv:2ohc62m0]

Easy Rider
03-20-2010, 02:02 PM
Doesn't work for me. I get a little spinning stick......and nothing else.
IE 7, XP

Dupo
03-20-2010, 02:18 PM
hmm workin here just fine. anyone else?

zenbutcher
03-20-2010, 02:48 PM
werkt 4 me!

Windows Vista SP2

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)

JWR
03-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Works for me Ubuntu 9.10
Firefox 3.5.8

Easy Rider
03-20-2010, 03:54 PM
hmm workin here just fine. anyone else?

Maybe I should upgrade my browser one of these days.
Anybody else still using IE ??

JWR
03-20-2010, 04:01 PM
If you try Firefox, I don't think you will ever go back to IE.

Easy Rider
03-20-2010, 06:31 PM

Yea, yea....but it's like a comfortable pair of old shoes.
As time goes along, I have less and less enthusiasm for learning new things.......if the old tool still works. Until now, it has.

JWR
03-20-2010, 06:53 PM
I guess that is why I like Linux, and Mac. Just different.

patrick_777
03-20-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm right with JWR. Ubuntu 9.10 and Firefox. Also worked in the Chrome alpha build.

Dupo
03-20-2010, 09:04 PM

:rawk:

mrlmd1
03-21-2010, 01:04 PM
Works for me. Mac/Firefox v3.6.

alanmcorcoran
03-21-2010, 05:10 PM
Unless it takes forever to download it don't work for me either (IE8, WIN7 64bit)

JWR
03-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Plays within 2 seconds....winblows....

Sarris
03-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Works for me.....XP Pro / Firefox 3.6

They're moronic assholes, but the video works OK.

I'm sorry, I just don't see the humor. However, if he broke his neck falling off, now that would be funny. (and cull the herd)

:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: :skull:

music man
03-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Works for me, Windows Vista, Firefox 3. whatever the version is today. I think the problem seems to be lying in internet blower, i mean Explorer. Because I don't think we have had one person say they could watch it in Explorer.

alantf
03-21-2010, 07:53 PM
I download lots of movies. Most sites tell you to use firefox, and don't bother even trying to use IE. :2tup:

BusyWeb
03-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Not working for Win7 P, IE8
Tried to downloading, but no pictures coming out...

dannylightning
03-21-2010, 10:33 PM
worsk for me, fire fix and windows 7 that is some crazy stuff right there. imagine if that guys hands let go, face sliding across the ground.

dhgeyer
03-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Speaking of oxymorons: "Microsoft Works".

dannylightning
04-01-2010, 09:05 AM
im using IE8 right now and its not working, had to wipe my hard drive and havent put firefox back on yet.

Dupo
04-02-2010, 02:11 AM
Boy, whats with IE and .flv video. Weird.

SlyFinkley
04-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the comments about the browsers, I tried to watch in IE8, but got nothing, switched to Firefox 3.63 & hey presto, some idiot doing tail drags in front of about 20 other bikes.

burkbuilds
04-02-2010, 08:59 PM
XP and Firefox, no problems. Those guys are, well, gee, I'm at a loss for words.

alantf
04-03-2010, 05:34 AM
BTW, firefox update to 3.6.3 is now available to cure a security problem. :2tup:

Dupo
04-07-2010, 01:05 AM
yea at least this update didnt screw up all my addons.

alantf
04-07-2010, 05:19 AM
I've just had to have XP reinstalled. Computer completely screwed up. Looks like the latest version of Veoh web player beta conflicted violently!

GZ250
04-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Dupo, where did you get this clip?

dannylightning
04-21-2010, 01:55 PM
any one else have a problem with the new version of Firefox, for me it shuts down a little too often and says there was a problem with fire fox, than ask if you would like to restore your precious session.

alantf
04-21-2010, 06:25 PM
any one else have a problem with the new version of Firefox, for me it shuts down a little too often and says there was a problem with fire fox, than ask if you would like to restore your precious session.

I'm using version 3.6.3 of firefox, & no problems so far. My computer screwed up completely a few weeks ago, & I had to have XP reinstalled, but I think there was a compatibility problem with Veoh web player beta. Also, I just got a warning message from microsoft, that java deployment toolkit 6.0.190.4 was known to cause stability or security problems, so it had been blocked. I installed 6.0.200.0 & it seems o.k. now.

Dupo
04-22-2010, 01:45 AM
Dupo, where did you get this clip?

I found it on some website that posts links to videos each day.

Dupo
04-22-2010, 01:46 AM

I get that every so often with an update. Sucks and i have to deal with it until they push another update. I hate having to reinstall because i have firefox customized like all hell ... big pain in the arse to get it back to where i had it.

patrick_777
04-22-2010, 03:43 AM
I get that every so often with an update. Sucks and i have to deal with it until they push another update. I hate having to reinstall because i have firefox customized like all hell ... big pain in the arse to get it back to where i had it.

It doesn't have to be. Just zip and copy your current profile and open the new install for Firefox using the -ProfileManager switch on the command line. It brings over all of your add-ons, bookmarks and everything. Also, use Xmarks to store your bookmarks in the cloud...it even has recovery points.

alantf
04-22-2010, 04:59 AM
It doesn't have to be. Just zip and copy your current profile and open the new install for Firefox using the -ProfileManager switch on the command line. It brings over all of your add-ons, bookmarks and everything. Also, use Xmarks to store your bookmarks in the cloud...it even has recovery points.

That's o.k. if you know your way around computers. For an old(er) guy, all I know is "do you want to update?" - "yes". :??: :cry:

dannylightning
04-22-2010, 01:10 PM

That's o.k. if you know your way around computers. For an old(er) guy, all I know is "do you want to update?" - "yes". :??: :cry:

lol, i don't really see a point on adding any of those optional Firefox features, i have not looked at them recently, maybe they got some good ones now.

alantf
04-22-2010, 01:41 PM
lol, i don't really see a point on adding any of those optional Firefox features, i have not looked at them recently, maybe they got some good ones now.

Danny, although I don't know a lot about computers, my favourite firefox add ons are :-
Adblock plus
Download helper
Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt Out
Toolbar buttons
Update notifier
Webmail notifier
Wob of Trust (my first line of defence)

They all have a use, & they're all worth loading. :2tup:

dannylightning
04-22-2010, 01:47 PM
most of that does not interest me. but the add blocker i figured i wold see what the new and improved one was about, i just and i don't get any adds at all. the old one was kind of a joke. you had to click on a add and disable it. you might not get that add again but you would still get one of the other 500000000000000 adds out there.

mrlmd1
04-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Get a Mac. Problems solved.

Dupo
04-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Other useful addon's that i use constantly are:

Open Download ("run" downloaded exe's instead of saving them to your hard drive ... like internet explorer)
Map This (maps any address you highlight with directions from your house to the address)
Personas (skins for firefox, 1 click installation, 5,000 skins available)
Adblock Plus (blocks ads)
All In One Gestures (right click n slide mouse to go FWD and BKWD instead of clicking fwd/bck button)
CoolIris (insanely cool image browser)
Cool Previews (produces small button next to links that u can hover over to preview the link in a small box)
Download Manager Tweak (download manager upgrade)
Fast Dial (custom home page that you can add your most used website links to with custom images)
Fastest Fox (firefox tweaker)
Share This (one button click to share media/web pages with social networks, email etc)
Stylish (probably the coolest one i have ... lets you load custom user created scripts to change websites look. my facebook is now green xbox 360 skinned with NO ads, youtube has no ads and a bigger video window, craigslist is centered with a cool newspaper background +1 for this addon!)
Sxipper (auto form fill, auto login manager. works wonders once you give it all your information).
Kidzui (kid friendly and safe place for kids ... opens a brand new browser window loaded with stuff for kids to do. my kids absolutely love this)

dannylightning
04-22-2010, 09:47 PM
insanely cool image viewer ? i might check that one out
and the fastest fox, i will read about and see what it does, if it makes it run a little faster it will probably be worth it.
i don't really need directions to get places, I got a gps for that. don't care how my browser windows look or any thing like that.
i just care about my computer working well, or things that will improve performance.

mainly i just get on here, check my face book, read about fitness information, use my computer for a juke box, play some video games here and there and store my photos

Dupo
04-23-2010, 02:18 AM
Yea, CoolIris is like google image search ... in 3D. Neat one to play around with.

MapThis i mainly use to find out where places are or how close they are to me. Really dont use it for directions myself. It works with just a town and state if you are curious to where something is.

dannylightning
04-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Yea, CoolIris is like google image search ... in 3D. Neat one to play around with.

MapThis i mainly use to find out where places are or how close they are to me. Really dont use it for directions myself. It works with just a town and state if you are curious to where something is.

cooliris looks really cool but all the pictures i view on there look like crap, not clear at all. is there some way to fix that.

well i guess it is not all of them just most of them. some have good clairity

Dupo
04-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Give em a few to sharpen up. Unless they are small pictures that are getting pixelated upon up sizing to the picture wall. They do a 'quick load' so the wall fills up quickly. Then the images will sharpen up as you get to them (only those 'on focus' will be sharp, saves the loading time of the entire wall that way)