PDA

View Full Version : "La Poderosita"

Mercutio57
04-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Here are some better shots than those previously posted. These are vinyl decals made from high-resolution scans of original artwork. The name is a playful take on the name of Alberto Granado's famous Norton, and the image is a mixture of WW II a/c "nose art," Disney princess, and "Rosie the Riveter." I couldn't resist the touch of humorous self-deprecation, especially since I live amongst many who sneer at anything not made in Milwaukee!

blaine
04-02-2010, 11:32 PM
I like the little decal by your fuel cover.Thats humourus.

Mercutio57
04-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks. As I say, I couldn't resist.

alanmcorcoran
04-03-2010, 03:52 AM
Very nice artwork. You definitely captured the "nose-art" feel as well as a little bit of, hmm... "East LA"?

alantf
04-03-2010, 05:42 AM
Decals on a curved tank? Whenever I've tried to apply them to anything other than a flat surface (e.g. trying to apply them to a helmet) I end up with bubbles & creases. Is there a trick to it? :??:

Mercutio57
04-03-2010, 07:00 AM
Absolutely. We used a special vinyl that is designed to flex without air bubbles forming. It's the stuff that's used to "wrap" NASCAR vehicles with their various logos. On the adhesive side it has tiny channels that allow the air to gradually escape as it is applied, and then flatten out so as to have a smooth final surface.

As for east LA, I don't know as I've never been. But she's obviously latina, as befits the name. The green eyes, by the way, are from the old big band tune of that name.