PDA

View Full Version : Cruising/highway pegs for the GZ250

ArizonaKev
06-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Hello again all,

I checked out some other posts about cruising/highway pegs, but can't seem to quite figure out what all is needed to add them. Would I need to add a highway/crash guard first, and them mount them on that? I did some searching on the web and found some various pegs and mounts, but without knowing whether or not they would work, I hesitate to buy them.

I used to have some on a bike I owned a long time ago, and they definitely provide a nice stretch for the legs on longer rides. I would not want to infringe on any of the critical functionality however - i.e. brake lever, shift lever - by adding them.

Does anyone have any personal experience with them? Any ideas as far as where to get them, assuming they can be added without impacting the other functionality I mentioned?

Thanks for all answers. Oh, by the way - we are having a cooling trend here in Phoenix today - only 107º!

AZ Kev

music man
06-08-2010, 03:29 PM
. Oh, by the way - we are having a cooling trend here in Phoenix today - only 107º!
AZ Kev

Yeah, probably only like 10% humidity to go with it huh? Try it being 97-100 degrees, (about 110-115 in the sun) with 60-90% humidity, you just walk outside and its like someone sprayed you down with a mist bottle and sucked all the oxygen out of the air.

blaine
06-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Hello again all,

I checked out some other posts about cruising/highway pegs, but can't seem to quite figure out what all is needed to add them. Would I need to add a highway/crash guard first, and them mount them on that? I did some searching on the web and found some various pegs and mounts, but without knowing whether or not they would work, I hesitate to buy them.

AZ Kev

Have a look at my highway bars in"performance mods"

ArizonaKev
06-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Music Man - I lived in Louisville, Kentucky for awhile, and I can honestly say that when it was 90º there, with 90% humidity, it felt a heck of a lot worse than Phoenix at any temp, so I can sympathize with you!

Blaine - thanks for the tip. I checked those out, and suppose I could look into the whole "DIY" thing myself. I was just wondering if there was something out there I could just buy and bolt on. But I should've known it just couldn't be that easy! Ha ha! Thanks all - and stay cool. Lord knows I'm trying to....

AZ Kev

blaine
06-08-2010, 07:04 PM
There is a proper fit engine guard for the G.Z. that the pegs will mount to.The "suzuki" guard is poorly made and of poor quality.There are some after market guards that are much better quality that are a direct bolt on.

emi_ace
06-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Really depends on how much you can or are willing to spend. I built my own highway peg bar and used the passenger pegs on the bar and did it all for under $20.00. I used a 7/8 inch round pipe cut down to 20 inches as the bar. two metal brackets mounted to the frame which connect to two metal corner brackets which the bar connects to using two u-bolts. Painted it all black. It is very solid and comfortable.

Water Warrior 2
06-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Really depends on how much you can or are willing to spend. I built my own highway peg bar and used the passenger pegs on the bar and did it all for under $20.00. I used a 7/8 inch round pipe cut down to 20 inches as the bar. two metal brackets mounted to the frame which connect to two metal corner brackets which the bar connects to using two u-bolts. Painted it all black. It is very solid and comfortable.
Got a pic or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 ??

emi_ace
06-23-2010, 06:39 AM
I will post some pics later today