PDA

View Full Version : She has arrived!!!!!!!

DroidHoff
06-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Well my new, as in 2.9 miles never titled new, 2009 GZ250 was dropped of by my dealership today!!!! I thought I would share some pictures although she nothing more than stock. I think she's beautiful!!!! Now... getting my permit tomorrow and then taking my riders safety course next week hopefully and then we dance! Enjoy :rawk:

http://s4.postimage.org/p9yBA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVp9yBA)

http://s1.postimage.org/i1kJ9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxi1kJ9)

http://s1.postimage.org/i1uHJ.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxi1uHJ)

http://s1.postimage.org/i1Cb9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gxi1Cb9)

New GZ250
06-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Great looking bike, looks just like my 2009. :)
Contgrats, hope you get your permit tomorrow, I put almost 10K in just over a year on back roads. I road the hell out of it with not one problem! Great bike to learn on, now I have two bikes. The GZ and a Triumph. (I moved up in size about two weeks ago)
Enjoy!
:2tup:

Water Warrior 2
06-29-2010, 08:04 PM
Congratulations. They don't get much newer except in a crate.

Easy Rider
06-29-2010, 08:16 PM
and then we dance!

What part of the great state of Illinois will you be dancing in ???

Always looking to meet new riders in the vicinity.

Reyji
06-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Good looking bike. I feel your excitement. Have fun breaking it in! :2tup:

alantf
06-30-2010, 05:14 AM
Have fun breaking it in!

DON'T FORGET - No more than ½ throttle for the first 500 miles, then no more than ¾ throttle for the next 500. Proper running in = longer engine life. :2tup:

burkbuilds
06-30-2010, 09:46 AM
Congratulations on the new bike. Ride safely and break her in like Alantf recommends. Welcome to the forum too.

DroidHoff
06-30-2010, 10:25 AM
and then we dance!

What part of the great state of Illinois will you be dancing in ???

Always looking to meet new riders in the vicinity.

Sugar Grove, far west Suburbs just outside Aurora actually right on the approach end to Rwy 27 at Aurora Airport in S.G.( Sorry I'm also a pilot, kitplane builder, and an Air Traffic Controller). It sounds like there is plenty of riders in the Chicagoland area we should definitely start a gathering or ride of some sort.

Definitely going to follow break in procedures to the T again my piloting experience and build experiences have taught me the importances of staying within the manufacturers recommended limitations.

Anyway off to get my Permit here in a couple of hours and then scheduling my Riders safety and Licensing course either through Ride-Chicago or MSF in Chicago for next week. At some point I expect to stop smiling but I sure am enjoying it right now!

mole2
06-30-2010, 05:26 PM
Black! Black is good. I like black...can't ya tell? Don't use your new bike in the BRC. Use theirs. If you drop it and it's theirs you save having dinged your own bike. :)

:)

DroidHoff
06-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Black! Black is good. I like black...can't ya tell? Don't use your new bike in the BRC. Use theirs. If you drop it and it's theirs you save having dinged your own bike. :)

:)

That's the plan! Got my permit today so BRC will be next week. I was also going to use their helmets. Hey on a side note should I invest in a trickle down charger? My battery was already dead this afternoon, I checked and the on thing left on was the key in the ignition.

blaine
06-30-2010, 07:31 PM
A trickle charger is a good investment.A "battery tender" is a good one to buy. :2tup:
http://www.postimage.org/templates/images/smiley/happy/15.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Easy Rider
06-30-2010, 07:42 PM
My battery was already dead this afternoon, I checked and the on thing left on was the key in the ignition.

Was the key just IN the ignition......or was it actually turned ON too ??

You may need a new battery along with that tender/maintainer.

You should NEVER just find your battery dead.....if nothing was left ON.

Water Warrior 2
06-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Dead battery ! Did you per chance turn the key too far to the left and into the park position ?? That will illuminate your tail light and run down the battery. A Battery Tender is great for maintaining your battery and keeping it at full charge without overcharging and doing damage. Pretty cheap and easy to use.

DroidHoff
07-01-2010, 12:13 AM
My battery was already dead this afternoon, I checked and the on thing left on was the key in the ignition.

Was the key just IN the ignition......or was it actually turned ON too ??

You may need a new battery along with that tender/maintainer.

You should NEVER just find your battery dead.....if nothing was left ON.

Thanks guys I will pick up a Battery Tender. The key was not in the ON position nor was it in Park. The Battery turned this morning and the bike cranked a couple times without firing so I let off and tried again and the same thing happened. Being the brilliant guy that I am I kept at it like this a few more times with no start. Finally I gave it a rest and came back out a couple hours later and checked everything over on the bike, thats when I noticed the fuel selector was on the reserve tank. Now the guy who brought the bike started and ran it for a while when we did the delivery walk through so I'm thinking he ate up the reserve on it. Anyway I switched back to the main tank but now I had a dead battery from trying to get it to turn over earlier. So I called a friend of mine who I work with and he looked everything over and tested the voltage on the bike to confirm it was the battery. After that he jumped it using a spare car battery he had in his truck, he said never ever to try and jump a bike battery from a running car because the voltage could potentially fry some cpu components so he used a spare battery but he said you could also just make sure the car was not running and that would work to. Now all is well! Thanks for the advice on the chargers!

blaine
07-01-2010, 12:29 AM
This is a new bike,the battery should not be dead for no reason.I would be getting battery checked to see if it hold a proper charge.You may need a new battery that the dealer should supply.The reserve is to be used after main tank is empty.Reserve gives you enough fuel to get to a service station. :)

alantf
07-01-2010, 04:55 AM
If I read it correctly, the problem was that the bike was running on reserve, so it was probably an empty tank, & he ran the battery down trying to start a bike with no fuel.?????????????

ncff07
07-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Take the gas cap off and eyeball it and see how much if any is in there. If it wont run in the reserve position it sure wont run in the on position either. Charge the battery over night on 2 amps and if its low on gas get a can and put a gallon in it and set it to the reserve position and see if it starts. That will give you enough to get to the gas station and once you fill it up switch it back to the on position. Its a new bike the dealer should have filled it up, mine was used when I bought it and the dealer still filled the tank up for me before I took it home. Dont take much to fill them up.

blaine
07-01-2010, 08:12 AM
If I read it correctly, the problem was that the bike was running on reserve, so it was probably an empty tank, & he ran the battery down trying to start a bike with no fuel.?????????????
:plus1: :plus1: :oops:

Good catch.I missed that competely!!

Water Warrior 2
07-01-2010, 08:32 AM
I read that and heard a faint alarm bell ring in the back of my mind. It should have been louder.

Easy Rider
07-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Now all is well! Thanks for the advice on the chargers!

What......wait, maybe all is NOT well.

How long did you have your new charger connected before you tried to start ??
It needs to be connected for 12-14 hours to get a full charge......or until the "green light" goes on (if it has one).

I'm thinking that you STILL may have a bad battery.
If you haven't given it a full charge with the tender yet, you still should........and then DON'T connect the charger again for a couple of weeks.

The battery could be almost 2 years old. If it was left sitting in a discharged state most of that time, it could be SHOT and the dealer would owe you a new one. They are expensive; dealer price about $90.

DroidHoff
07-02-2010, 12:09 AM
Okay for all wondering... I called the dealer this morning to ask about a battery replacement (the jump from last night did not hold). After he looked into it for a while he called me back and said that because the bike was delivered on short notice the battery might not have had the time to properly charge 6+ hours. After reading all the post about having a battery tender I decided I SHOULD have one anyway and bought one from the dealer down the road for 25 bucks. The dealer has committed to replace my battery if recharging it over night fails to make it hold a charge. So as of right now its on the Battery Tender Jr with a red light. We shall see how it goes, but at least they are aware of the problem and have promised to resolve it if need be! Thanks for all the help guys!

bonehead
07-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Might want to fill it up with gas too.

Easy Rider
07-02-2010, 12:38 PM
Might want to fill it up with gas too.

:poke2:

:crackup

DroidHoff
07-03-2010, 12:56 AM
Full tank of Gas and a brand spanking new Battery today! And for my troubles I was given a brand new HJC Helmet!!! :biggrin: It's very nice not sure the model but it had a sticker of 249.99 on it! Looks like I'm going to have to return the one I order online (I didnt really like the fit of it anyway). Thanks for all the help guys! Look like my BRC class won't be until the 14th :sad: but I think I'll make it....

Water Warrior 2
07-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Full tank of Gas and a brand spanking new Battery today! And for my troubles I was given a brand new HJC Helmet!!! :biggrin: It's very nice not sure the model but it had a sticker of 249.99 on it! Looks like I'm going to have to return the one I order online (I didnt really like the fit of it anyway). Thanks for all the help guys! Look like my BRC class won't be until the 14th :sad: but I think I'll make it....
What model helmet did they give you ??

blaine
07-03-2010, 07:58 AM
:biggrin: It's very nice not sure the model but it had a sticker of 249.99 on it! ....

Good luck with your test on the 14th.Seems like you got a good dealer. :2tup: :rawk:

DroidHoff
07-03-2010, 10:30 AM

It's a HJC FS-15. The dealer was showing me some of the features on it, I was glad too because it seems like there is just way to many out there to choose from or even know how to pick the right one. I just tried a few (like 20) on and this one felt like it fit comfortably.

DroidHoff
07-03-2010, 10:30 AM

It's a HJC FS-15. The dealer was showing me some of the features on it, I was glad too because it seems like there is just way to many out there to choose from or even know how to pick the right one. I just tried a few (like 20) on and this one felt like it fit comfortably.

Easy Rider
07-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Full tank of Gas and a brand spanking new Battery today!

Just one more little detail:
It is very important that a new battery be FULLY charged when first put into service.
You cannot always trust the dealer to do that.......even if they said they did.
You should introduce your new battery to your new tender for one overnight stay......just incase.

:tup:

Water Warrior 2
07-03-2010, 12:50 PM

HJC makes a good helmet. I have 2 at present. Do check inside the lining for date of manufacture and you will know when the helmet turns 5 years old and you can retire it. After 5 years the material has served you well but is breaking down and does not offer full protection any longer. Even real spendy helmets are cheap when you break down the price on a yearly basis over 5 years so never think a new one is expensive.

Do what Easy said and put your new battery on a tender overnight. The healthier the battery starts out the better it will serve you.