PDA

View Full Version : Leona Divide Trail Riding... (photo/video)

BusyWeb
07-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Here a short trail riding to share with ...

Parts of Leona Divide Trail, which seems well known for the runners.
Looks like that there are annual Leona Divide 50 Miles Running events at the April.

Trail which I took was forest service road 6N04 and total distance is about 10 miles.
As I am an off-roading begginer, it took an hour to cover the trails.
Advanced riders might finish the trail less than 30 minutes.
During the riding, met a couple of pig riders; wonder how they ride that well on the mountain trails with that heavy BMW.. admire them.

Trail road condition is very nice, and difficulity is 1 out of 10 IMHO.
Easy riding and nice sceneries to enjoy through out the road.

This time, I tried to cover all the road on the video, but hard to get all of them.
So, much part of video runs on double speed of original recording time... ^^;

* All the photos and video clips are taken from chest mounted camera.

[youtube:13l0n503]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWmilsvtK9k[/youtube:13l0n503]

Thanks for the watching.

Water Warrior 2
07-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Busy, a pleasure to watch. Looks like a fine but very bright day to be out and exploring. About your comment concerning how long it took to ride compared to others out there. Never worry about the time factor, it's all about the fact that you take the time to ride and time to stop to smell the flowers. Your chest mounted camera seems to be working out quite well.

BusyWeb
07-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Busy, a pleasure to watch. Looks like a fine but very bright day to be out and exploring. About your comment concerning how long it took to ride compared to others out there. Never worry about the time factor, it's all about the fact that you take the time to ride and time to stop to smell the flowers. Your chest mounted camera seems to be working out quite well.

Thanks Mr. WW.
I'll keep in mind your advices always...
Before the starting trail ride, I do say myself "Keep safe riding, carful, and slow ..." ha ha ha.

PS: I hope some better solution for the camera mounting, as my cam is little havier it gets tired after some riding; and hard to level correctly especially when peg-standup..^^;

mrlmd1
07-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Nice video, nice scenery. That camera mount works out pretty well, the vantage point is perfect and the camera is steady with no vibration.
Can you post another picture of your chest-mount set-up, on and off?

BusyWeb
07-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Nice video, nice scenery. That camera mount works out pretty well, the vantage point is perfect and the camera is steady with no vibration.
Can you post another picture of your chest-mount set-up, on and off?

Thanks Mr. Mrlmd1.
Let me take some photos soon, there are nothing for this time mounting except another long strap which holds and tightenning camera over my chest.
So, two straps altogether; one from camera own neck strap and another for the chest.
And it is mounted just bellow my chin about 1-2 inches.