PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie!

molly
06-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Just wanted to say hi! Posted here twice so far, and just love this site! I am 44 yo, female, happily married to a happy biker, who is also helping me learn to ride. Took the MSF course, but it has been a while ago. Anyhow, we have a bunch of "furchildren".....no human kids. Just a dog, cats, horses, and fish. We live on an 800 acre farm, no neighbors, and we just love it! We have a Harley Davidson softail FXST, Suzuki GZ250, Suzuki DR100, Honda CB400T, and my 1999 Shadow ACE 750. Hope to have the DR100 and Honda CB400t tuned up and ready to go for "mudding" and "roostertailing" out in the open fields this fall. DR100 needs some work, and the CB400T is being fixed up and "turned into" a dirt bike. Anyhow, I have rambled enough. Hope everyone is having a great week, and I just wanted to say it is great to be here!

Dupo
06-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Welcome to the forum. Nice to see more women out there riding.

Kudos on the shadow ACE :)

molly
06-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks! I LOVE riding, but I am still within those "newbie" limits.....having to be TOO careful, needing positive thoughts on every ride, etc. I cannot wait until riding a bike is second nature, like driving a car. Thanks for a great site! That'll help a lot!

Littlethumper
05-19-2008, 04:30 PM
:) Well,i guess you're not the only one who's new here molly so am i!
Just started joining this forum. People are so nice here where they get to welcome you
and me and i guess everyone who wants to join.
I am 38 yrs old, asian from the Philippines and my boyfriend just bought me a green GZ250 as a gift. I am going to my MTC this week
and hopefully learn and passed the test :roll: I am so excited although a little bit nervous!lol
I love riding on a motorcycle with my bf wishing that someday i can ride my own and here it is! Maybe soon, i will post a picture
of myself on the bike on the members pictures!Thats good that theres womens in this site too that we can get to know each other and be friends.

Have fun and drive safe!

Dupo
05-19-2008, 05:51 PM
You're 38? You dont even look like you are in your 30's O_o

Glad to see the enthusiasm in riding. Looks like you will enjoy many years on a motorcycle!

Littlethumper
05-19-2008, 05:55 PM

Glad to see the enthusiasm in riding. Looks like you will enjoy many years on a motorcycle!

Awwww,thank you dupo, i'll take that as a compliment! :blush:

Dupo
05-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Yes, a compliment from another 38 yr old rider (me)

Easy Rider
05-19-2008, 08:59 PM

Mmmmm....careful that you don't assume too much.
That Avatar might be her 18 year old daughter!! :roll:

Littlethumper
05-20-2008, 08:13 AM

Mmmmm....careful that you don't assume too much.
That Avatar might be her 18 year old daughter!! :roll:

I dont blame you easy rider 'coz many of them using their daughters or someone elses picture to make them look
younger. I have a profile on friendster, got pictures their and my daughters as well.And of course my family,relatives and friends!

http://msleogirl.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/

and i had a few pics of my bf at Byron IL.
http://msleogirl.blogs.friendster.com/photos/drag_race/

turbo chicken
05-20-2008, 12:13 PM
welcome... more ladies... the MSF course i took this weekend had more females than males... Imagine that...

enjoy your stay ...

Water Warrior 2
05-20-2008, 05:57 PM
welcome... more ladies... the MSF course i took this weekend had more females than males... Imagine that...

enjoy your stay ...

Just goes to show that riding a motorcycle is not just a guy thing anymore. One real benefit of this is ladies riding apparel and gear will become more available and varied. A win win situation.

Littlethumper
05-27-2008, 12:23 PM

enjoy your stay ...

I guess you are right turbo, more ladies! Just a few guys in our class on my first day of MSF....
Most of them had experience too specially them that parents or husband had bikes. They said, they're tired being a passenger :lol:
One of them lady is a widow of a biker and now taking MSF to keep the bike..... :tup:

Drive safe...

blondie
06-03-2008, 08:01 PM
:) hello i'm glad theirs more women riding like me i'm 34 and love to ride i was riding in 40 degree weather when i first got my bike. it might have only been a 30 minute ride but i rode it every day when i first got it but i never wanted to get off it live to ride and ride to live

bikerbroad60
06-04-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi,Molly!! Sounds like you live on a big slice of Paradise out there in your 800 acres.
I just joined and am looking forward to meeting fellow bike enthusiasts like you!!
Annie