PDA

View Full Version : Updated Tachometer Help

optimus111
03-31-2011, 10:22 PM
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, but the information I've been able to get here has been a great resource. To be direct, I want to buy a tachometer for my 2001 gz250. I've read a lot of threads, and found a lot of models people have used are discontinued products now. I was hoping someone - the more the merrier - could post some links to some current Tachs that will work with the GZ250.

This would be a great help to me.

blaine
03-31-2011, 11:22 PM
Welcome to the forum.Any tach for a "Duell-Fire" ingition will work.Here is a link for a few.http://motorcycle-accessories.cruisercu ... =google.ca (http://motorcycle-accessories.cruisercustomizing.com/accessories/Motorcycle%20Tachometer?utm_campaign=sitechampion&utm_medium=sli&utm_source=google.ca)

alantf
04-01-2011, 05:41 AM
Any tach for a "Duell-Fire" ingition will work.

Whoops, I'm not trying to be spelling police, but just so not to confuse anybody - the word you're looking for is "dual fire". I didn't want you to confuse any newbies with Duell & Buell, which is the name of a bike. Again - Not trying to be picky, just helpful. :2tup: :2tup:

blaine
04-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Any tach for a "Duell-Fire" ingition will work.

Whoops, I'm not trying to be spelling police, but just so not to confuse anybody - the word you're looking for is "dual fire". I didn't want you to confuse any newbies with Duell & Buell, which is the name of a bike. Again - Not trying to be picky, just helpful. :2tup: :2tup:
Oops.My bad. :tongue: :oops:

bonehead
04-01-2011, 10:33 AM
I thought it's because he's Canadian. :crackup :rawk:

Water Warrior 2
04-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I will not make any comment concerning a past American President and his command and use of the English language. :neener:

Viirin
04-01-2011, 02:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROME-M ... ories#shId (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROME-MINI-TACH-TACHOMETER-FITS-SUZUKI-CLAMP-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aa5499940QQitemZ32060 0643904QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#shId )

Thats the one i got and i'm just in the door from the mechanics who mounted it for me while i was getting my fork seals done - it's electronic so you don't need to get the analogue cable and apparently their pretty accurate - the only criticism is that it won't sit flush with the speedo and you'll probably have to mount it at an angle - still, it does the job pretty well

Vii

blaine
04-01-2011, 03:26 PM
the only criticism is that it won't sit flush with the speedo and you'll probably have to mount it at an angle - still, it does the job pretty well

Vii
You should be able to modify the mount,so it will set flush with the speedometer.
:cool: :)

dentheman
04-01-2011, 03:47 PM
I will not make any comment concerning a past American President and his command and use of the English language. :neener:
The one who pronounces 'corpsman' as 'corpse-man', and thinks we have 57 states? Sorry, I couldn't let that go by.

Water Warrior 2
04-01-2011, 04:17 PM
I can neither confirm or deny you might be correct as it may be impolite to cast rumors on another's leaders. Our leaders on the other hand are such putzs that they can't agree on what language to speak.

5th_bike
04-01-2011, 06:00 PM
I have the Drag Specialties black face mini tach, you can mount it at the bolt that holds the right turn signal, and the angle with the bike's length axis is barely noticeable (for pictures please see the "how to" forum, the thread about installing a tach).

You can get any "harley" or "big twin" tach - they all work fine on the GZ250.

Blaine - good find. :cool:

optimus111
04-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Thank you all ... your helping my Stragegry in making my gz a weapon of ... uh, a good little bike...

Viirin
04-04-2011, 12:03 PM
[/quote]
You should be able to modify the mount,so it will set flush with the speedometer.
:cool: :)[/quote]

Even if you use the bolt directly and not the clamp they provide? - I doubt the mechanic kept hold of it....
Still, i'll give it a jiggle around and see if i can improve it's aesthetics