PDA

View Full Version : GZ250 Bike Cover

jslatts
05-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Im not sure if im posting this in the right place but here goes:
I just bought my GZ250 last tuesday and picked it up last thursday. Right now my garage is full (2 cars in the garage and my detailing business supplies) so the bike has to be stored outside :(.... I need a WaterPROOF cover. Preferably one that is made for the GZ so it fits good.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Dupo
05-18-2011, 06:17 PM
They come in different sizes per manufacturer. Usually the box will say what size bike it will fit. I think the one i had bought was a size M. But it really depends on who makes it. Just like helmet sizes! Just go to a bike shop and check em out, ask some questions. If they have a MSF course and use/sell gz's, they will know what fits it.

stephanie72001
05-24-2011, 03:04 AM
http://www.empirecovers.com offers 3 different types of waterproof covers for your 2005 GZ250. They are: VIP Advanced Cover System, Titan 4L Motorcycle Cover, and Waterproof Motorcycle. Check them out, their prices are cheap and their covers are awesome!

Here is the link for the size cover needed for your specific model: http://www.empirecovers.com/motorcycle_covers.aspx?size=MC-1&make=SUZUKI&year=2005&model=%20GZ250

mrlmd1
05-24-2011, 09:51 AM
You can spend anywhere from $15 for a perfectly usable nylon cover, which will keep the rain out, and go up to over $100 for a heavier one. The thinner nylon ones wrap up into a pretty small package to take with you in your saddlebags or whatever you have, then it's ready to go with you and easily put on to keep the bike out of the sun and rain, and from prying eyes, if you park it during the day or stop for a while.
JCWhitney has inexpensive covers, look on eBay for a huge selection also. You can also get just a half cover for the bars, dash, and seat area.
2 points I would make - first, even if the cover has some heat resistant material along the bottom to prevent it from burning or melting from the hot engine or exhaust, wait 'till the bike cools off enough so you can comfortably touch it for a while, or the cover will melt/burn. Second, if you protect it a little from flogging around in the wind, as almost all of these are too big, by tying a line or bungee cord around the middle of the bike and seat, you will greatly prolong the life of the cover and prevent it from wearing through from chafe.

Strelok
05-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Always good to get a cover that will allow room for
a windshield or other accessories you may add later.

:)