PDA

View Full Version : Flat tyre

GZ250
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
never had a flat tyre, just wondering if i get a flat tyre on a road what to do? do you suggest using some kind of those quick fix things that are available for cars. How do you fix you rflat tyres??
I even dont know if my tyre is tubeless or not. I have the original metzeler tyres.

Thanks

jonathan180iq
07-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Having spoked wheels, we are forced to run tubes in our tires. Unless you have a spare tube and superhuman strength, tools to remove the wheel and a tire iron, you won't be able to change it yourself.

Dupo
07-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Sounds like a good time for you to download the manual on the forum here and do some reading. Should really know what all puts together that 2 wheel contraption under your butt.

Badbob
07-11-2007, 09:51 PM
I do change my own tires primarily because I want to know what is involved and what tools are required. I can change one with three tire irons and an air pump with the tools to get the wheel off of course. I've done this in my garage.

You can patch a tube to get home but you really need to change the tube and probably th tire as well. I carry tire irons, spare tubes, a patch kit and a 12VDC air pump on long trips. I've never had to use any of it out side my garage but I know how.

Not having a center stand makes tire changing tricky on the road.