PDA

View Full Version : Speedometer Brightness

Slashback115
06-14-2011, 11:47 PM
At night when im riding, the speedometer is not very bright, hard to see. All my friends bikes have LED guages that light up real nice. Ive searched all over Google and cant find an LED or bight color bulb. Id prefer a nice LED

Thanks in advance! Abe

2003 GZ250

blaine
06-15-2011, 12:07 AM
At night when im riding, the speedometer is not very bright, hard to see. All my friends bikes have LED guages that light up real nice. Ive searched all over Google and cant find an LED or bight color bulb. Id prefer a nice LED

Thanks in advance! Abe

2003 GZ250
Welcome.I don't know about LED's.But I took my bulbs out,and took one to the auto store with me,and got a higher wattage bulb.It made a hugh difference in the brightness at night.
:cool: :)

Strelok
06-15-2011, 03:59 AM
Slashback115~

Welcome to the Forum!

What do you need a Speedometer for? The Suzuki GZ250 isn't a Sportbike.
When you can't keep up with your Friends...they're doing over the Speed Limit.

:tongue:

dvsDave
04-10-2012, 10:11 PM

Thanks in advance! Abe

2003 GZ250
Welcome.I don't know about LED's.But I took my bulbs out,and took one to the auto store with me,and got a higher wattage bulb.It made a hugh difference in the brightness at night.
:cool: :)

Wait, its supposed to light up? Huh....

Sent from my HP_TouchPad_ICS using Tapatalk 2

blaine
04-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Yes.The speedometer is supposed to light up. :)

greatmaul
04-13-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm always staring at my speedometer. Sometimes I think I would enjoy life a lot more if it didn't light up. The clock, now, on the other hand, I would like that to light up. (I velcro'ed a cheap watch to the GZ "dash" area)

jonathan180iq
04-13-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm always staring at my speedometer. Sometimes I think I would enjoy life a lot more if it didn't light up. The clock, now, on the other hand, I would like that to light up. (I velcro'ed a cheap watch to the GZ "dash" area)

I've done this on several bikes. I use dollar store store digital watches and just velcro or double tape them the some side of something on the dash and when it's dark, just mash the "LIGHT" button :)

OR, you could get yourself a hand voltmeter/thermometer/digital clock.
I think I did a write up on one a long time ago....

Yep. Here it is: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1036&hilit=volt+meter (http://gz250bike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1036&hilit=volt+meter)