PDA

View Full Version : 2001 GZ250 in Georgia

pompidouche
09-11-2011, 08:14 AM
So.....I'm selling this bike because I bought it for my wife, and she doesn't like it because it sounds like a lawn mower. FFS.
I'm asking $1400. Scrape on front fender and small bruises on the tank. The guy I bought it from owned a brick laying company : /. But it is in great shape otherwise. It has a sissy bar and an aftermarket exhaust. Just had it serviced. Tires and brakes are in great condition. I am in Savannah, GA.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/ringojcp/IMAG0389.jpg

jonathan180iq
09-12-2011, 08:29 AM
So... do you want to sell it or change the exhaust?

pompidouche
09-12-2011, 02:55 PM
It's never been about me; it's about the old lady. She wants to have it up for sale. She came from riding on the back of an 1800 to riding on her own on a 250. She's heart broken. I'm going to buy her a 600. I found her a shadow. We've owned one before so I think I'll go with it.

Water Warrior 2
09-12-2011, 06:16 PM
It's never been about me; it's about the old lady. She wants to have it up for sale. She came from riding on the back of an 1800 to riding on her own on a 250. She's heart broken. I'm going to buy her a 600. I found her a shadow. We've owned one before so I think I'll go with it.
I would suggest she learns to ride on a GZ before upgrading. The GZ is a fine bike for developing riding skills and gaining experience on 2 wheels. If she already knows how to ride please ignore me.

jonathan180iq
09-13-2011, 08:12 AM

Fair enough. I would just mention, as I'm sure you know, that the feeling of rush and ease that she got from being a passenger isn't the same as piloting her own heavy cruiser.

We've had good success selling bike parts here on the forum, but you'll get more hits on the whole bike by using Craigslist or Ebay.
Good luck.