PDA

View Full Version : Fender Repair

tsmall
12-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Got a question. I’m using the original fenders on my bike. On the rear fender, I have two of the original mounting holes that need to go away. I was thinking of cutting two small blanks from the spare plastic and then contact cement them to fill the holes. Anyone know of a better way? What about the paint? Would it look OK? And what would you use for a crack repair?

Gz Rider
12-20-2011, 10:08 PM

alantf
12-21-2011, 04:07 AM
I use something similar for repairing plastic. Don't know if you can get it in America, but it's like a sausage, with the two different components (one inside the other). You just cut off a length, then roll it in your hand 'til you get a uniform colour, then use it. It dries in under an hour, & can be filed down & painted. We can get different ones for steel, plastic, wood etc., & they all work great. I've even repaired a leaking car radiator with the stuff. :2tup:

blaine
12-21-2011, 07:46 AM
I use something similar for repairing plastic. Don't know if you can get it in America, but it's like a sausage, with the two different components (one inside the other). You just cut off a length, then roll it in your hand 'til you get a uniform colour, then use it. It dries in under an hour, & can be filed down & painted. We can get different ones for steel, plastic, wood etc., & they all work great. I've even repaired a leaking car radiator with the stuff. :2tup:
Yep.Over here it's called "Mighty Putty" :) :2tup:

Gz Rider
12-21-2011, 09:26 AM

mrlmd1
12-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Plastex makes great products for repairing plastic and making new parts or additions to parts. http://www.plastex.net

Goolge search for plastic repair also gives other good ideas. Google is your friend.

blaine
12-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Plastex makes great products for repairing plastic and making new parts or additions to parts. http://www.plastex.net

Goolge search for plastic repair also gives other good ideas. Google is your friend.
Another similar product is Q-bond. :) :cool:

tsmall
12-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks yall!

mrlmd1
12-22-2011, 04:41 PM
That's y'all.
You're welcome.