PDA

View Full Version : Turbocharged GZ250

therockbg
05-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Hi guys. I am new around here. I read about the 16T sprokets and that the bike simply does not have the power to go good with it. I was wondering if anyone had actually tried to turbocharge one of these and succeed in the project .. I have a sprace small turbo that can probably fit nicely in between the frame and the engine. But i guess then i will need a new carboreutor that can supply more mixture ... and how about the stiffness of the engine itself - do you think it can survive a small boost of about 0.3-0.5 bars of pressure?
any feedback will be usefull before i decide to start this projec.

PS. I've done similar thing before to a car and the results were mainly in torque. the car was daihatsu charade 1.3 originaly started out with 92 hp on the dyno and the stock torque of 100 Nm. After the turbo with a boost of 0.33 bars we got 112 hp and astonishing clutch-breaking torque of 173 Nm ...

Water Warrior 2
05-09-2012, 06:08 PM
You would probably be the first to do it. I would think that there would be some cooling issues. The engine is air cooled and would generate a lot of heat, much more than it was designed for in normal use. Turbos need to be cooled also. You may need to have oil coolers and a larger capacity engine oil volume. Nothing is impossible with enough time and effort.

therockbg
05-10-2012, 01:54 AM
I just realized that the clutch is simply too weak for a boost of that magnitute ... may be there is no need for so big project for bike that is just 250 cc .... :)

Water Warrior 2
05-10-2012, 05:49 AM
The easiest way to gain power is a bigger bike.

bonehead
05-10-2012, 09:42 AM
The easiest way to gain power is a bigger bike.
:plus1:

wacio
01-27-2020, 08:18 PM
GZ250 would not have oil pressure to provide lubrication for turbo (needs minimum 40psi). GZ pump is providing 10psi.