PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar/Windshield Bags

dwh367
06-27-2012, 04:09 PM
Just curious as to whether anyone has a handlebar or windshield bag mounted to their bike. I've already added a sissybar bag to the already present saddlebags and fork bag and still looking for just a little more storage space. Due to financial considerations, I'm going to holding on to this bike for the foreseeable future so I figure I might as well make the best of it. This is as close to a "Bagger" as I'm going to get for a long time :biggrin:

jonathan180iq
06-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Tank bags are quickly removable, they can be taken with you, and they are going to hold much more than a little windshield or handlebar bag.

dwh367
06-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Tank bags are quickly removable, they can be taken with you, and they are going to hold much more than a little windshield or handlebar bag.

I just now noticed that I forgot to switch to the correct forum before I wrote this so my apologies to everyone for it being in the wrong place.

Thanks for the suggestion. I looked at the tank bags but they're just not my style. I prefer something that's permanently mounted so I don't have to keep taking things on and off. I was mainly looking at the handlebar/windshield bags for somewhere to put my sunglasses, smokes, etc., without having to unbuckle the saddlebags, fork bag or sissybar bag everytime I needed something small. I'm just not sure of whether they would get in the way of the ignition as it looks like the handlebar bag is going to be my only way to go. Can't find any mounting brackets for them on my brand of windshield (Slipstreamer Hellfire).

Water Warrior 2
06-27-2012, 06:29 PM
The GZ has a big enough tank to use a fair sized magnetic tank bag. Easy on and easy off. No straps or buckles to mess with. They offer easy storage and access to stuff. And they won't blow off in the wind.

jonathan180iq
06-28-2012, 08:14 AM
I just now noticed that I forgot to switch to the correct forum before I wrote this so my apologies to everyone for it being in the wrong place.

Taken care of. :)

General Maintenance > Gadgets & Farkles

dwh367
06-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Taken care of. :) General Maintenance > Gadgets & Farkles

Thanks! This is where I intended to put it but was reading a post and forgot to click over.