PDA

View Full Version : WTB Exhaust header pipes

shifterkart26
03-26-2013, 09:29 AM
I am trying to locate a pair of used exhaust header pipes for a 2000 GZ250. Long story short, my brother in law purchased this in the fall of 2011. He developed health issues shortly after and passed away a year later. The bike has 3026 miles on it and spent most of its life in a garage not being ridden. I am getting the bike ready to sell for my sister but the only issue is the rust on the header pipes. Otherwise the bike looks, rides and runs great. If anyone has a halfway decent set of pipes out there please let me know. Thanks for your help! John

jonathan180iq
03-26-2013, 02:47 PM
I know you posted in the thread to FatOldFool, but I'd say send him a PM if you didn't already.
He's not as active as he used to be but said it was still available in Jan.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6246 (http://gz250bike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6246)

That said, I don't think surface rust on the headers has truly detrimental impact on overall bike value. Most folks just want a bike that operates properly. As long as she purrs like a kitten, then I would just sell it as is.

shifterkart26
03-26-2013, 05:19 PM
Thanks jonathan180iq, email sent, and it truly does purr like a kitten. It really is an impressive bike.