PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat Mod

Shammua
10-11-2013, 03:15 PM
OK so my wife has some junk in her trunk and that rear seat is SOOO tiny for her. 15 minutes into a ride and she is hurting like hell (she broke her tail bone years ago too) and we were wondering if anyone has done anything to the rear seat to make it more comfortable.

I am thinking about taking a front seat (ebay or something) and making a bracket that will work with the exsisting holes and adding that. We are also going to take off the back rest and add a trunk with backrest on it. While I am at it, I am thinking of making it so the rear seat sits a little higher to give her better visibility to see around too.

If anyone has done anything like this or has ideas on how to do it, it would be greatly appreciated... Oh yeah also where can I get some of that foam stuff for redoing your own seat? I am going to redo my seat along with hers so we both travel in comfort and more style. :)

Thanks a million for the input.
Shammua

alantf
10-11-2013, 04:52 PM
I've got a SHAD46 trunk. It's big enough to hold a week's groceries or two helmets. It hasn't got a backrest, but my missus reckons that it's comfortable enough without one, and the trunk is big enough to offer her back support.

Shammua
10-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Did you do anything to the seat though? That small narrow chunk of padding really isn't much fun on a 2 hour ride let alone 30 minutes....

alantf
10-12-2013, 04:21 AM
Did you do anything to the seat though?

No. My missus is skinny, so she doesn't have a problem with the seat. I just mentioned the box, to show that you don't necessarilly need one with a backrest.

Water Warrior 2
10-13-2013, 04:22 AM
Lynda found the Shad top box very comfy without a back pad on the box. She did have an armored back pad in her riding jacket.