GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Gadgets & Farkles (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Saddle bag supports for GZ250 - where to get them? (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3383)

ArizonaKev 06-28-2010 01:40 PM

Saddle bag supports for GZ250 - where to get them?

Hi All,

I have some saddlebags that came with my bike and I like them a lot, so I am not looking for new ones. After reading some comments and other posts though, I am thinking it would be a very good idea to get some supports/brackets for them to keep them out of the rear wheel, and get the right hand side one a little further from the exhaust pipe.

Thing is, I can't seem to find any online for the GZ250. I haven't yet tried the dealer, although I am sure they have them - for a pretty penny. Anyone here have any tips/advice/referrals for such things? I suppose I could make some myself - at least something to accomplish the basic purpose. I am just wondering if there are any out there pre-made and ready to bolt on. As always, thanks to all :2tup:

AZ Kev

ArizonaKev 06-28-2010 01:56 PM

Re: Saddle bag supports for GZ250 - where to get them?

Ok - I guess I should have looked a little harder first - d'oh! I found them on the Suzuki site, and they are only $56. I think I can handle that. May as well get them new, and get the Suzuki ones for a sure fit. Unless there is something I don't know about them......?

AZ Kev

bonehead 06-28-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArizonaKev
Ok - I guess I should have looked a little harder first - d'oh! I found them on the Suzuki site, and they are only $56. I think I can handle that. May as well get them new, and get the Suzuki ones for a sure fit. Unless there is something I don't know about them......?

AZ Kev

Over priced!!!!!
Search for home made ones on here. I remember a post and the guy did a real good job on them.

Water Warrior 2 06-28-2010 03:22 PM

:2tup: For sure ! Check a couple years back. There was a real simple slick DIY that was superb. The supports used the already existing threaded holes in the bottom side of the chrome rails of the rear fender. A great penny tech solution.

ncff07 06-28-2010 03:37 PM

Think he's got a few things for the GZ to sell if he gets time away from work to do it.

http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=11&t=3149

ArizonaKev 06-28-2010 04:10 PM

Right on guys - I will search again for the DIY solution, but if you happen to come across it yourself, or remember where it might be, please let me know. I haven't been able to find it yet.

Oh, and I did check that link nff, sent the guy an email to see if he still has them. I am just wondering how much shipping would run though. Might end up costing me more than buying them new! Lol! Thanks all :2tup:

AZ Kev

Water Warrior 2 06-28-2010 10:42 PM

Guess what I just found ???? DIY brackets. Go to Introduce Yourself. Jan 10/2009. jberejik came on board and brought his solution for bag supports on the cheap. Read and reap the rewards.

ArizonaKev 06-29-2010 12:53 PM

Right on, thanks WW. I checked those out, and they look pretty cool - definitely on the cheap too! Seems like they would be very easy to make and serve the purpose well. I think I will see what I can whip up this weekend.

Appreciate it :2tup:

AZ Kev

Water Warrior 2 06-29-2010 09:05 PM

That's why we are here. There is strength in numbers. Combined knowledge and imagination is a wonderful combo.