GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   GZ250 Media (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Some changes (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3138)

kraznos 04-24-2010 01:53 PM

Some changes

N

blaine 04-24-2010 04:56 PM

Re: Some changes

I would be very careful if you do any night riding as it is almost impossible to see you side on with no reflectors.Just a heads up as it might also be illegal.

patrick_777 04-24-2010 07:12 PM

Looks good. Don't worry about the reflectors.

music man 04-24-2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrick_777

Yea the first thing I have done to both bikes that I have owned is stripped the reflectors off of them, Like the Mighty Sarris :lol: once said, "reflectors are for bicycles".

At night, when you come up on a car, do you see reflectors or lights? I think if you are relying on two tiny reflectors to save your life at night you are already S.O.L.

Sarris 04-24-2010 07:49 PM

I've always said that reflectors and stickers are for little boys. I outgrew those 45+ years ago. Plus they look like shit.

If you're relying on reflectors, like MM said, you're SOL.

:cool:

kraznos 04-24-2010 07:56 PM

T

blaine 04-24-2010 08:10 PM

[quote=musi[quote]c man]
Quote:

Originally Posted by "patrick_777":wau4ijxn

Yea the first thing I have done to both bikes that I have owned is stripped the reflectors off of them, Like the Mighty Sarris :lol: once said, "reflectors are for bicycles".

'' At night, when you come up on a car, do you see reflectors or lights? I think if you are relying on two tiny reflectors to save your life at night you are already S.O.L.[/quote:wau4ijxn]'
[/quote

When I come up on a car side I see both.If I come up on your bike side on what do I see? "NOTHING"!!

music man 04-24-2010 08:18 PM

If you can't see me when your headlights are shining right on me (which is the same way you would see my reflectors) just because I don't have those little cheap piece of shit reflectors on my bike, then you might want to get your eyes checked.

But don't get me wrong, the right kind of reflectors/reflective tape, put in the right places on your bike and in large amounts, could help you be seen a lot. What I am saying is, those little pieces of crap they throw on a motorcycle just so the federal government will say that it is safe to sell to you, ain't gonna help me enough to be worth having to look at the ugly ass things.

blaine 04-24-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by music man
If you can't see me when your headlights are shining right on me (which is the same way you would see my reflectors) just because I don't have those little cheap piece of shit reflectors on my bike, then you might want to get your eyes checked.

But don't get me wrong, the right kind of reflectors/reflective tape, put in the right places on your bike and in large amounts, could help you be seen a lot. What I am saying is, those little pieces of crap they throw on a motorcycle just so the federal government will say that it is safe to sell to you, ain't gonna help me enough to be worth having to look at the ugly ass things.

Point taken.When you explain your point I agree with you.I meant they were better than nothing at all.

Easy Rider 04-24-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaine
I meant they were better than nothing at all.

Of course they are.
If you are worried about "having to look at ugly ass reflectors", then you own a bike for the wrong reasons......in my opinion. Or maybe you are just anal in general......????? :poke2:
:biggrin: