GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   GZ250 Media (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My GZ-- La Poderosita-- is gone... (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4322)

Mercutio57 06-02-2011 08:03 PM

My GZ-- La Poderosita-- is gone...

I traded her in to get a scooter for the wife. Truth to tell, La Poderosita hadn't been getting out of the garage very much since Bonny joined the family. She served me well, I must say-- got my license on her, as well about 9,000 miles of good learning experience. And I'm told that she was sold almost as soon as she hit the dealer's floor, which of course makes me happy!
http://s3.postimage.org/7asv4fr8/37_37.jpg

5th_bike 06-02-2011 10:46 PM

Re: My GZ-- La Poderosita-- is gone...

La Poderosita was/is a nice bike indeed, I hope you kept the painting on her. The new owner may become a member here...

Thanks for checking back, and keep the rubber side down !

alanmcorcoran 06-02-2011 11:09 PM

Ahhh... they grow up so fast. (Sniff.)

Mercutio57 06-03-2011 07:41 AM

Yeah, but it's nice to know that she's out there somewhere, helping someone else get out in the wind!

By the way, I saw a very trick TU250 the other day-- no pillion, no logos, and fork boots & knee pads like my Bonneville. The mods made it look, at first glance, like an old Trumpet or Beezer thumper. It was so cool that I found myself sorely tempted to get one! After all, then I could save wear & tear on the Bonnie...

alanmcorcoran 06-03-2011 05:09 PM

It kind of went the other way for me. I had 3K on the Geezer when I got the Strat. Now I have 15K on the Strat and I'm still 240 mi shy of 5K on the Geezer. The Geezer gets the short trips and the Strat gets the highway mileage. And the Kawa isn't getting used that much at the mo..

tcrave 06-05-2011 01:42 PM

That makes me sad to hear...those people on scooters annoy me. If it doesn't have a plate, it shouldn't be on the road...and if it can't go the speed limit, shouldn't be on the road either. Makes me sad to hear a gz was traded for one...your wife owes you one! lol

alantf 06-05-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercutio57
I traded her in to get a scooter for the wife.

Now that's what I call a trade in! Wish I could trade in the wife for a scooter. :crackup

music man 06-05-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcrave
That makes me sad to hear...those people on scooters annoy me. If it doesn't have a plate, it shouldn't be on the road...and if it can't go the speed limit, shouldn't be on the road either. Makes me sad to hear a gz was traded for one...your wife owes you one! lol

First of all, it takes more balls and less self esteem issues then I have to ride one of those little ones that don't need tags on them.

Second of all, all scooters are not created equal, they make scooters that will outrun a GZ anyday of the week and twice on sunday, and he really didn't say what kind or what size scooter he traded it for.

Plus why would someone riding what they want to ride, or the only thing they can afford to ride annoy you? That doesn't really make any sense, I don't really care one way or the other what someone else chooses to ride, somedays I wish I had one of the little ones, they probably get 100+mpg.

alanmcorcoran 06-05-2011 08:26 PM

People say the same things about bicycles. Some even try and run them off the road! Can't we all get along? If you are paying attention, there's room for everyone on the road. Just stay to the right if you're going slow and pull over to let people pass on one laner's.

Mercutio57 06-05-2011 10:09 PM

I don't know what the law is in other states, but here in New York scooters most certainly do have to be registered, insured and licensed like any other motorcycle.

And as for their right (as seen by some) to be on the road, it seems to me that anything that gets a person out of a cage and into the wind is ultimately a good thing. Besides, when was the last time any of us heard of a motorcyclist being seriously injured or killed by a collision with a scooter? Know your real enemy, people!

Motorcycling in general cannot possibly benefit from the asinine tribalism that persists among us. Out there in the real world of the asphalt jungle all of us-- scooters, sportbikes or cruisers, Japanese, British or American, large or small, stock or custom-- are at the bottom of the food chain. The distracted drivers who endanger us each and every day couldn't care less about what we ride-- after all, they don't even see us.