GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beginners (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I need to learn how to wave! (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4206)

DJK 05-07-2011 06:54 PM

I need to learn how to wave!

I was out riding today and went by my first motorcycle and he did "the wave". I tried to do it back, but I know it didn't look too good! Any tips or suggestions? Thanks.

music man 05-07-2011 08:33 PM

Re: I need to learn how to wave!

Yeah, don't wreck!!! LOL. Seriously, if you haven't been riding very long, the best thing to do is nod your head in response to the wave. Newbie inexperience+hand wave=Hospital stay and/or death.

Get used to riding and the bike your riding on, and then worry about looking cool and being nice and waving at other bikers.

5th_bike 05-07-2011 09:12 PM

:popcorn: well one tip, just stretch your arm to where his front wheel is going and you're set. Then, you could - a) point index finger or - b) stretch entire hand. Not necessary to make any waving motion. Hand down, hand back on the steering, that's it.

:rawk: :cool: :biggrin:

alanmcorcoran 05-08-2011 12:25 AM

If you have passed LEO's on the way and he's heading to whence you came, tap your (clutch) hand to the top of your helmet.

Simplest wave is to simply drop your clutch hand and give a sideways peace sign at about knee level.

Water Warrior 2 05-08-2011 01:03 AM

A word of caution. Never never just throw your arm out to say Hi. The wind will try to remove your arm or tear you off the bike. I did that on the highway and almost had a major mishap.

cayuse 05-08-2011 03:05 AM

All good advice. Above all be safe. If you're busy with the clutch or negotiating traffic or something, just nod. Don't sweat the details, if you move your hand at all off the grip the other rider will notice, and it's all good.

geezer 05-08-2011 10:44 PM

about the cop thing, you wont need to worry about speeding on your gz at least! :biggrin:

mole2 05-09-2011 04:50 AM

Put your clutch hand out and down by your hip and give the peace sign. But really it's not important how you wave...just acknowledge a fellow two wheel rider with a nod or by hand. Ride safe.

:)

alantf 05-09-2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geezer
about the cop thing, you wont need to worry about speeding on your gz at least! :biggrin:

Mmmmmmmmmmm ..... Coupla years ago, I got a €100 ($150?) fine for going 6 MPH over the limit. Passed a hidden police car with a radar gun. They sure love those money making rackets. Although I hear they're not so nasty in America. :cry:

mole2 05-10-2011 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:

Originally Posted by geezer

Mmmmmmmmmmm ..... Coupla years ago, I got a €100 ($150?) fine for going 6 MPH over the limit. Passed a hidden police car with a radar gun. They sure love those money making rackets. Although I hear they're not so nasty in America. :cry:

Well, now they're putting cameras out everywhere and snagging you for every little violation. Send you a picture and a fine in the mail. Neat, huh?

:)