GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Models/Manufacturers (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Well I did it.....'07 Honda VT600C Shadow Red (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2231)

Easy Rider 04-15-2009 06:11 PM

Well I did it.....'07 Honda VT600C Shadow Red

Well almost.
Will be taking in the little thumper on Saturday and picking up the little twin in two weeks when I return from Atlanta. Too bad I can't take it along. :cry:

And a special note for Alan C. :
I think you REALLY missed the boat when you jumped all the way up to 1800......I mean REALLY.
When you finally get tired of wrestling that big beast around, have a look at mid-range cruisers......600-800 cc.

The "little" VTX weighs only about 100 lbs. more than the GZ and runs like a scared monkey.
It's a 4 speed (better for using that low end torque) and will easily hit 60 in third......and then it actually still pulls in 4th. :biggrin: I've heard it still gets ~60 mpg if you don't thrash it hard.

Do you think the wife will notice that it's not a GZ anymore ??? :biggrin:

http://www.postimage.org/Pq25U8Fr.jpg

patrick_777 04-15-2009 06:16 PM

Re: Well I did it.....'07 Honda VT600C Shadow Red

Very nice. The Shadows have great aftermarket and mod support. It even looks like the GZ in many ways (except of course the big v-twin right in the middle.

:tup:

Easy Rider 04-15-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrick_777
(except of course the big v-twin right in the middle.

:tup:

NO! Really? I hadn't noticed. :retard: :crackup

Yep, I'm pretty pleased. The grin factor is definitely HIGH.

Moedad 04-15-2009 06:32 PM

Sweet looking bike! Gonna be a long two weeks!

mrlmd1 04-15-2009 06:43 PM

Did you mean 60mph or 60mpg? 60 mpg for a bike with that get up and go is definitely a plus.
Many on here tried to tell AC to consider the mid sized bikes, but one look and a ride on the Strat had him convinced - no turning back for a second look at anything else. Wouldn't yours or Dupo's be just a s good on the highway as his as well as much more nimble? And there must be a lot more aftermarket accessories for your bike compared to his. Good choice and nice looking too. A slightly different red than the GZ.

Easy Rider 04-15-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Did you mean 60mph or 60mpg? 60 mpg for a bike with that get up and go is definitely a plus.

Wouldn't yours or Dupo's be just a s good on the highway as his as well as much more nimble?

Good catch. It's MPG. I fixed it.
Not sure I believe those claims.........and I'm SURE my first couple of tanks won't get that much. :roll:

Let's see, if the GZ would be an original VW beetle, then the Strat would be something like a Cadillac and the Shadow 600/750 would be kind of like a Ford Mustang. So, yes, I think your idea is about right. I don't care that his 800 lb. beast rides a little softer when cruising at 80. :biggrin:

(But I DO like my SLS!)

Easy Rider 04-15-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moedad
Sweet looking bike! Gonna be a long two weeks!

Kind of. Got lot's of things to keep me occupied. Will be scouting a new "bike" route on the way down. Big race at Talladega. Lot's of "Daddy Do" things, I suspect. And I might even rent a bike for a few days if the weather is good.

This also gives me time to contemplate which accessories I REALLY want/need and which ones are just a waste of money. Alas, the list usually gets longer the more you think about it. :roll:

Water Warrior 2 04-16-2009 12:42 AM

That is a sweet looking Honda. Purty color.

mr. softie 04-16-2009 01:46 AM

Very nice! Congratulations on your new ride. The Honda V-twins are known for exceptional durability and economy if recommended shift points are followed. Given easy acceleration 60mpg is definitely possible. This I assume because my 26 year old Honda V-twin 650 gets a consistent 55-60 mpg, and I know the Honda engineers were not napping for 24 years.

Easy Rider 04-16-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. softie
Given easy acceleration 60mpg is definitely possible.

That's what I figured and have heard other places.
I suspect that "easy acceleration" is not going to be possible the first couple of weeks! :cool:

I DO like that low-end torque. Never did get comfortable rev'ing an I4 to 10K to find the power band.

:chop: