GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Beginners (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Vacuum line size Help (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6281)

Kalel 07-24-2013 12:32 PM

Vacuum line size Help

Hey guys, my 2006 Suzuki GZ250 is running fine in prime, but then when in the on position it stalls... So I read the forum, check, took a look and it will prolly be the vacuum line. I would appreciate if someone has some ideas. does the bike have to have two rubber hoses from the pet cock? or just one?
Thanks for the help.... Great forum :)

blaine 07-24-2013 07:03 PM

Re: Vacuum line size Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalel
Hey guys, my 2006 Suzuki GZ250 is running fine in prime, but then when in the on position it stalls... So I read the forum, check, took a look and it will prolly be the vacuum line. I would appreciate if someone has some ideas. does the bike have to have two rubber hoses from the pet cock? or just one?
Thanks for the help.... Great forum :)

Two.The bigger one is fuel,the smaller on is the vacuum hose. :) :cool:

Kalel 07-24-2013 09:46 PM

Thanks Blaine, So basically where I show in the pic is what my nice bike is missing? Do you know the size for the vacuum hose line? Thanks again.

blaine 07-24-2013 11:56 PM

Should be a nipple on the petcock that the vacuum hose from the carb goes to.I don't remember what size it is.
;) :)

Kalel 07-25-2013 09:54 PM

Hey Blain, I found the hose, it is loose... please tell me it that is the right one... thanks, and where is supposed to be.. thanks again

blaine 07-25-2013 11:15 PM

That one is a float bowel drain hose.It just lies down over the back of the engine so if the carb floods the excess fuel flows onto the ground & not on the engine.
;) :)

Kalel 07-25-2013 11:50 PM

I can't seem to find which one is the vacuum line.. :(

blaine 07-26-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalel
I can't seem to find which one is the vacuum line.. :(

You should be able to feel it sucking air with the bike running.If it's open & sucking air the bike will run like crap.

:) :cool:

mole2 07-26-2013 01:59 AM

Here is a picture of the shut off switch showing both niples. The small niple is the vacuum line.

:)

Kalel 07-26-2013 12:37 PM

Hello, Mole2, thanks very much for the pictures.. they help a lot. So I check and it is definitely missing the vacuum hose, the small niple has nothing attached to it. I bought a 7/32'' ( 5.5mm) and it fits perfect in the small nipple... I also bought a 9/32'' (7.0 mm) as I was not sure, Now, where do I have to attach the other end? . I read the service manual, and could not find anything about the vacuum hose. Thanks again for the information... :) ;)