GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   1st bike new guy (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7913)

Razorburns 05-24-2017 02:02 PM

1st bike new guy

1 Attachment(s)
New here. New to on-road motorcycle ownership. Here's my ride. Got it for a sweet deal from a place here in Portland Oregon 2 weeks ago. 2001 GZ250. 16k miles and in pretty damn good shape. Been cleaning and polishing and fiddling around since. Loving it.

blaine 05-24-2017 03:22 PM

WElcome to the family....Bikes in great shape. :)

Razorburns 05-24-2017 04:05 PM

Thanks Blaine. I've got a few things in mind for it, but really it's a great bike that I already love.

New things waiting for delivery or in the planning stages: Saddle bag support, small luggage rack out back, black extra loud horn, extra bright h4 "crystal vision ultra" headlight bulb from Philips (already on and working GREAT), black shorty height window box bars, black aluminum bar ends, some subtle matte black treatment here and there.

I'll post photos of the things while I add them.

Vegas Street Rider 05-24-2017 06:45 PM

Welcome to the forum Razorburns. Looks like you got a clean bike. Enjoy making it yours with all your add-ons. You might check out the Thor series saddle bags from Viking. They include the mounting brackets and are sized right for the GZ. Last time I checked, they were about $140 bucks. See what they have to offer. Great quality. Ride safe.

Water Warrior 2 05-25-2017 04:12 AM

Welcome to the forum. Good looking bike. First on-road bike.........does that mean you have off-road experience?

Razorburns 05-25-2017 08:10 AM

Yes, way back in the day when I was a young pup in my mid to later teens, I had a 1989 4trax 250r. Loved it, but I jacked my leg up and parents sold it. Haven't ridden much since. Very excited to be back to riding again after years away.

Vegas Street Rider 05-25-2017 12:09 PM

You are in a great area to ride with all the twisty two lane roads going to the coast. I am jealous. Most of the riding in Vegas is around Lake Mead and Red Rock Canyon. The rest is interstate because of all the space between places here.

Water Warrior 2 05-25-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razorburns (Post 87746)
Yes, way back in the day when I was a young pup in my late teens, I had a 1989 4trax 250r. Loved it, but I jacked my leg up and parents sold it. Haven't ridden much since. Very excited to be back to riding again after years away.

You have picked a great bike to start your street riding career.

May I suggest a good riders course to help you along. There are many benefits to having a professional instructor teach you how to make your riding safer and more enjoyable. My other recommendation is reading "Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough". Available in book store and online. It is the best life insurance you can buy without having to die to collect.