GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   General GZ250 Talk (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   GZ toolkit. (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3183)

dentheman 05-03-2010 08:59 PM

GZ toolkit.

I know the GZ comes with a small toolkit, but I haven't found what is included in the kit. I'm just researching so I know ahead of time what additional tools I would need before I get a GZ.

patrick_777 05-03-2010 09:25 PM

Re: GZ toolkit.

The search function works pretty well.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1651&hilit=toolkit

Water Warrior 2 05-03-2010 09:36 PM

After you get the bike go over it and tighten all the nuts and bolts. Make any adjustments you feel are needed. You will soon discover what tools you really need. A real pair of pliers is a must have item. Do not neglect to have a flashlite and spare fuses packed away on the bike.

dentheman 05-04-2010 01:51 AM

I think I already have all the tools that are shown in the photo, plus the flashlight and pliers. I would probably also add a C02 tire inflator and some extra cartridges from my bicycle tools and a tire gauge, if they will fit, along with the fuses, etc. What use is that phillips screwdriver shank with no handle?

alantf 05-04-2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dentheman
What use is that phillips screwdriver shank with no handle?

Looks like the handle is missing. The screwdriver is actually double ended, so it fits into the handle either way. Without the handle, it's used as the lever for the spark plug spanner. My guess is the guy uses it as a lever, & has got extra screwdrivers that he's not showing us. Apart from the Suzuki kit, I carry one of those all in one "boy scout" thingies, with extra pliers etc. My idea is that I carry enough for minor breakdowns, & any breakdown that needs more tools than I can comfortably carry, means a quick phone call & a trailer to the bike shop (that's what I pay extra cover for!) :)

mrlmd1 05-04-2010 10:01 AM

Make yourself a set of battery jumper cables for $5 from some 10 gauge wire and small battery clips from Radio Shack or similar place to keep on the bike just in case. You don't need anything heavier than that, and rolled up, it'll fit under the seat in the storage area.

bonehead 05-04-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Make yourself a set of battery jumper cables for $5 from some 10 gauge wire and small battery clips from Radio Shack or similar place to keep on the bike just in case. You don't need anything heavier than that, and rolled up, it'll fit under the seat in the storage area.

Good idea :2tup:

Water Warrior 2 05-04-2010 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonehead
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlmd1

Good idea :2tup:

I did that. And naturally if you have the tool you will never need it. Works for me. :rawk:

JWR 05-04-2010 10:22 PM

I also carried a full set of metric allen wrenches, including the large one to take off the front tire.

Water Warrior 2 05-04-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWR
I also carried a full set of metric allen wrenches, including the large one to take off the front tire.

Good catch. I forgot that one. Pretty hard to even fake it without that tool. Guess it would be time to acquire some extra tools for Lynda's M-50.