GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum News & Support (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29)

Easy Rider 05-24-2007 09:39 AM

It seems like I'm going to have to change the way I reply when looking at the "new posts" list. When I do a reply, the system seems to think I have "left" the session and when I try to return to the new posts list, it says there is nothing new (except for the post I just made).

Guess I will have to READ all the new stuff and then go back to make replys.
Alas, even that will be a pain is the backside if I want to reply in more than one topic.
:cuss:

Dupo 05-24-2007 10:19 AM

Yea when you click on 'view new posts' you basically just "viewed" them and they will show as 'read' afterwards. Nice feature, but thats the drawback to using it.

1Rogue 05-24-2007 11:55 AM

You might try this: I right click the posts and open in a new window. Then I can read and/or make a reply then close the window and still have the original list available to me.

Easy Rider 05-24-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Rogue
You might try this: I right click the posts and open in a new window. Then I can read and/or make a reply then close the window and still have the original list available to me.

Certainly worth a shot.
Thanks.
:2tup:

jonathan180iq 05-24-2007 04:27 PM

I'll try right clicking. It also works just click back until you return to the first forum page.

Easy Rider 05-24-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Tried that tonight and it didn't work for me (using IE6 on Win 98SE).
Opening a new window apparently tried to do the "new" search again, said you can't search again so soon and the new list was gone AGAIN in BOTH windows !! :cuss: :cuss:

1Rogue 05-24-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Tried that tonight and it didn't work for me (using IE6 on Win 98SE).

Sorry, it being online I assumed it would all work the same. I am on Firefox on a Mac. So the difference could be either the app or the system. I could just be that everything works easier on a Mac. :whistle:

Seriously, sorry it didn't work for ya. The back button should work too as Jonathan suggested.

Easy Rider 05-25-2007 06:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Seriously, sorry it didn't work for ya. The back button should work too as Jonathan suggested.

Well the back button works just fine until I post a reply......like this. Then the system apparently thinks I have "left" and come back again. At least this time I have read all the new stuff first. Not a major problem unless I want to reply to more than ONE new post; then I'll have to go searching for the subsequent new posts.

Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like I'm just stuck with it. :cry:

jonathan180iq 05-25-2007 08:18 AM

got it,

After everything you do, if you click the "Suzuki GZ250 Forum Index" you'll go back to the beginning with everything still good.

Dupo 05-25-2007 10:32 AM

Well i kinda like that new posts show up in orange. So i never need to use the 'view new posts' link on the forum. I just go into each section, read the orange posts then click "forum index" to return to the main page. All unread posts are still orange, those that i read are in blue like the others.