GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   6 speeds is it at all possibile to mod? (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2646)

RamAir 09-12-2009 12:06 AM

6 speeds is it at all possibile to mod?

Is there any way to tern our bikes into six speed?

alantf 09-12-2009 05:07 AM

Re: 6 speeds is it at all possibile to mod?

I understand where you're coming from! I often try to put it into (non-existant) 6th, especially when I'm accelerating onto the autopista, from the slip road.

I'm no mechanic, so I can't give you a definative answer, but I'd imagine that if it WERE possible, it would be a MAJOR job. :??: :)

Sarris 09-12-2009 07:35 AM

The answer is there no six speed option is available and there no way (or internal space) to put one in.

Trust me, I would have done it years ago if available. I want to do a Baker 6 speed in my HD when $$$ allow.

In my circle of riding buds that extra shift is called a "Ghost Shift"

:biggrin:

RamAir 09-12-2009 08:27 PM

lol So I "Ghost Shift" a lot. haha

So put in a sport bike with a six speed you say??? lol

New GZ250 09-12-2009 09:24 PM

I keep looking for that extra gear too, haven't found it yet! Damn shame! Never happened on the bigger bikes I had at one time years ago when I was young. Guess looking for that ghost gear wouldn't happen on an automatic transmission bike. Don't laugh my buddy has a classic Honda 750 automatic bike. Don't know why anyone would want one though? :??:

RamAir 09-12-2009 10:08 PM

Well I know my buddy that gets on my bike a lot wantce on but whants it auto he thinks it to complicated. I have tought him how to ride mine and he is pretty good (Parking loots only and he has been up to 40kph) so nothing crazy but some ppl just want that. I know what you mean man as long as I have a foot strong enough to shift it shall be manual!!!!

Dupo 09-13-2009 03:51 AM

That ghost shift is the one that you shift into ... realize you dont have another gear to go into .... so you let off the throttle and get back on it a second time like "you meant to do that" .... lol.

alanmcorcoran 09-13-2009 04:03 AM

I have that phantom gear on both of my bikes! I also have the "just testing" gear, when I think I'm in first but i'm really in neutral and go to take off from the traffic light and nothing happens but a lot of revs. "Yup, engine still works!"

Easy Rider 09-14-2009 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New GZ250
I keep looking for that extra gear too, haven't found it yet!

Adding one tooth to the front sprocket helps with that.......some.
If you haven't already, a search here for "16T" or "16 tooth" or maybe just "tooth" might prove interesting. It will find a LOT of posts on the subject.

RamAir 09-14-2009 02:27 PM

[quote=Easy Rider]
Quote:

Originally Posted by "New GZ250":3ihqwwue
I keep looking for that extra gear too, haven't found it yet!

Adding one tooth to the front sprocket helps with that.......some.
If you haven't already, a search here for "16T" or "16 tooth" or maybe just "tooth" might prove interesting. It will find a LOT of posts on the subject.[/quote:3ihqwwue]

Yes I have read some of that but being someone who likes the highway long or short trips I dont like lossing whatever go power the bike has thats why if we could have 5th to kick down to and back up to a 6th gear like you guys 16T 5th feels like that would just kick bike!!!!