GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Performance (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blow me - Motorcycle turbocharger kit (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6001)

mrlmd1 03-17-2013 10:46 AM

Blow me - Motorcycle turbocharger kit

Found on another site --

http://www.dhgate.com/big-discount-turb ... tml#ctabBo

Looks interesting but if you read more and investigate, like one commenter on the other site said -
"That's a bilge blower from a boat. Lots of volume but no pressure".

Water Warrior 2 03-17-2013 07:16 PM

Re: Blow me - Motorcycle turbocharger kit

I'm sure the blower works in it's designed environment but on a bike it likely wouldn't be worth it if it was free. Nice little item for a boat owner though.

jonathan180iq 03-18-2013 08:47 AM

These types of things keep popping up on the car sites too. The "better" ones are inline blowers, both chugging 14,000 rpm mini fans. They flow enough air to lift up a tennis ball, but I don't see them offering significant "boost", which is what they are supposed to do if they are going to call themselves turbos.

Not to say that there may not be some type of minimal power increase, as we all know that the "Ram Air" tech that was on some Pontiacs worked while on the highway. But with smaller boosts like these fans offer, I would be interested to see if the draw on the electric system would actually counter balance that...

isaac 04-07-2013 03:24 PM

I hate to be the reality check since this goes without saying, but any performance modification that's called "big discount turbo charger DIY Turbo-500 Turbo motorcycle parts Electronic turbocharger" and features a specifications list such as:

" Electric Motorcycle turbocharger, Specifications 20w.30w.40w.50w.60w.70w.80w.90w.
Mini cars were electric turbocharger Specifications 100w.250w.
Inlet outlet diameter of 50 mm in diameter; 35mm.36mm.40mm.42mm.44mm.50mm.
Maximum power turbine / mouth air pressure 10000Pa
Maximum power turbine / 0.5 kg of thrust out of the wind"

is not real. It's a test to see if you're retarded.

mrlmd1 04-07-2013 08:28 PM

I posted that more as satire or sarcasm or a joke rather than as a legitimate worthwhile accessory. I wouldn't expect it to do anything of significance, other than lighten your wallet which could make the bike go faster.

Water Warrior 2 04-07-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlmd1
I posted that more as satire or sarcasm or a joke rather than as a legitimate worthwhile accessory. I wouldn't expect it to do anything of significance, other than lighten your wallet which could make the bike go faster.

I think most of us realized that. Might be a great device for blowing out a small candle.

isaac 04-08-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlmd1

Yeah I was responding to the people who seemed to be offering serious postulation on the efficacy of something that's been a joke in automotive performance forums for nearly a decade. It seems every year somebody has a new version of the Turbo Zet that started it all.

bpdchief 05-22-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

seemed to be offering serious postulation on the efficacy
Easy boys... we have a college professor in our midst

Goose51683 05-23-2013 08:03 AM

Think I could wire this into my handle bars so I could get a nice breeze next time I ride?

Water Warrior 2 05-23-2013 01:58 PM

Don't be silly. Just ride faster.