GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   suzuki gz250 turn signal problem (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7919)

noahgenda 06-02-2017 12:23 PM

suzuki gz250 turn signal problem

I am new to this site and am looking for some advice. I have a gz250 and the front left turn signal has very weak blink. The rear signal works as designed. The right front and rear signals work fine. I removed headlight and unplugged the signal wires and generally checked the wire condition. seems like a bad ground, but not sure where to check other than battery terminal. Any suggestions?

Water Warrior 2 06-02-2017 01:39 PM

Have you checked the signal light itself? Remove the lense and check for corrosion in the socket and on the bulb. Also check that you have the correct bulb installed. IIRC it is a 1157 bulb.

alantf 06-03-2017 05:39 AM

Yes, I agree. Seems like a problem localised to the light itself.

derbydave 06-03-2017 09:52 AM

The front turn signals have 3 wires going from them. One is power for the running light, one is power for the signal and one is the ground wire. They are all bullet style connections. Check these connections to make sure they are tight and free of corrosion. They connect to the main harness in the headlight bucket.

noahgenda 06-07-2017 09:42 AM

Thanks for the suggestions and good advice. I will let you know what I find when I open the headlight bucket.

bwader 06-10-2017 07:53 PM

I had a similar issue with blinkers

Man been almost 2 years since I posted.......

On my 2005 gz the first place I took it to get a state inspection in VA the inspector was younger and strict.......So I was on here a while back trying to get my blinkers to not alternate flash. I spent hours taking apart headlamp and those bullet connectors and I even bought a used gz harness off ebay and no difference. I troubleshooted all over the bike and never did "fix it" in a way that would have satisfied that inspector. I even bought and still have another blinker relay.

So I ended up just going to another inspector and he was nice enough to pass me and said I needed to change my front brake pads, and he said "Its about had it" and I was greatful I finally could ride legal! and a week later I got my $12 new pads and replaced them. Key thing when getting inspected is don't tell them anything and I think that helped out. Granted I didn't tell the first inspector anything either.

I probably spent $150 in parts and many hours to get to that point and at least I learned more about my bike going though the ordeal. Could have been more

5th_bike 06-10-2017 08:47 PM

I remember that, the other blinker goes gently brighter and dimmer due to the current from the blinking green signal indicator. And that you can't fix that, it's built in the bike.

Vegas Street Rider 06-10-2017 10:30 PM

Blinker Issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwader (Post 87878)
Man been almost 2 years since I posted.......

On my 2005 gz the first place I took it to get a state inspection in VA the inspector was younger and strict.......So I was on here a while back trying to get my blinkers to not alternate flash. I spent hours taking apart headlamp and those bullet connectors and I even bought a used gz harness off ebay and no difference. I troubleshooted all over the bike and never did "fix it" in a way that would have satisfied that inspector. I even bought and still have another blinker relay.

So I ended up just going to another inspector and he was nice enough to pass me and said I needed to change my front brake pads, and he said "Its about had it" and I was greatful I finally could ride legal! and a week later I got my $12 new pads and replaced them.

I probably spent $150 in parts and many hours to get to that point and at least I learned more about my bike going though the ordeal. Could have been more

Welcome back to the Dark Side:hi: