GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Himalaya Leather - Club Prices (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4585)

jonathan180iq 08-04-2011 09:11 AM

Himalaya Leather - Club Prices

So, as many of you guys know, I'm a big fan of this company for protective motorcycle gear. They are cheap. Yet I have been very impressed with everything I have purchased from them, as far as quality and material goes.

www.himalayaleather.com

I'm now a club member, and I'd like to pass some savings on to you. (No. This is not Spam. I'm serious)
It's not a lot, and I'm not making any money here. But I figured if you guys were looking for a jacket, or gloves or chaps or something, I could help you out.

Membership dues cost me $20. And I can save you maybe 3-5$ per item.
Shipping is $13.99 ground for one item or $15.99 for two items.

For example, my favorite jacket usually sells for $50.00. Club price is $46 or $47 (One model is actually only $39). The more you buy, the more you save. Bulk orders are reduced even further.

It's not much. But if you are interested, let me know. As it is, this is cheaper than any of the Ebay distributors.

Thanks,
Jonathan

jonathan180iq 08-05-2011 04:54 PM

Re: Himalaya Leather - Club Prices

I just found out, by placing an order, that on top of the discounted purchase price I also get free ground shipping...

I just bought a textile & mesh armored riding jacket and riding gloves shipped to my door for $40!

I'm seriously considering becoming a distributor.

Water Warrior 2 08-06-2011 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
I just found out, by placing an order, that on top of the discounted purchase price I also get free ground shipping...

I just bought a textile & mesh armored riding jacket and riding gloves shipped to my door for $40!

I'm seriously considering becoming a distributor.

We would probably like your personal evaluation of the jacket and gloves after they arrive. A few good pics would be nice too.

jonathan180iq 08-09-2011 09:23 AM

I've done one before:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=904&hilit=new+gear

mrlmd1 08-09-2011 11:33 AM

Think of all the money you would have saved if you didn't sell your old jacket. Oh, I forgot, I bet you made $10 between the 2 transactions. :poke2: :roll:

jonathan180iq 08-09-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Think of all the money you would have saved if you didn't sell your old jacket. Oh, I forgot, I bet you made $10 between the 2 transactions. :poke2: :roll:

And there would have been two GZ riders overspending on a good jacket while mine just sat unused for almost a year and a half.
I like new stuff anyway ;)

cayuse 08-09-2011 05:16 PM

Do you get free shipping if you get them to send some saddlebags to your "Uncle Gar" up in Seattle? :whistle:

spicciani 09-01-2011 10:40 PM

so if I want something are you saying to buy it though you or should i just use the site?

cayuse 09-01-2011 10:59 PM

Basically, Jonathan gets free shipping but only if he meets the $100 minimum order. So, if a few of us order stuff together it meets the minimum and it gets to Georgia for free. Then we have to pay for shipping to Alabama, and Washington, for our portion.

jonathan180iq 09-02-2011 07:58 AM

Yeah, the more I get into this, it doesn't work out like I had hoped.

I do get pretty good prices on stuff plus free shipping. But unless I order in bulk, it's not going to be worth the hassle. Plus, you guys probably won't get any savings, because I can't just fork over my own money to save you guys some money ;)

If I had a store, then this would be a good option. But I don't. So it turns out that it's not :(