GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Carburetor Hose (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7878)

Gzetero 04-02-2017 02:02 AM

Carburetor Hose

1 Attachment(s)
There is a hose loose in my GZ250, I crashed my motorcycle today and I am not sure if it was like this before the crash.

The hose is attached to the carburetor in one end and loose on the other. (attached picture)

I will appreciate any help and comments.

Thanks.

blaine 04-02-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gzetero (Post 87358)
There is a hose loose in my GZ250, I crashed my motorcycle today and I am not sure if it was like this before the crash.

The hose is attached to the carburetor in one end and loose on the other. (attached picture)

I will appreciate any help and comments.

Thanks.

All good ...That is a drain/over flow......Hope no damage??

Water Warrior 2 04-03-2017 08:31 PM

How did you manage to crash? There could be a lesson here for all of us to learn from.

Gzetero 04-08-2017 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaine (Post 87359)
All good ...That is a drain/over flow......Hope no damage??

Thanks man, I was kind of worried. Just some bruises and scratches, no major damage to the motorcycle.

Gzetero 04-08-2017 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 (Post 87361)
How did you manage to crash? There could be a lesson here for all of us to learn from.

I am just like two weeks into motorcycles so I am learning. I did not see a speed bump and I completely squeezed the front brake. I do not think the tire skid, my theory is that I just pulled the handle to me as a reflect. I am working on my emergency stop now.

Regards.

Water Warrior 2 04-08-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gzetero (Post 87390)
I am just like two weeks into motorcycles so I am learning. I did not see a speed bump and I completely squeezed the front brake. I do not think the tire skid, my theory is that I just pulled the handle to me as a reflect. I am working on my emergency stop now.

Regards.

Being new to riding you "should" attend a riding school as soon as possible. Also pick up a copy of Proficient Motorcycling written by David Hough. Your life may depend on it.

I'm an old guy who never had proper lessons till I was 61 years young. Oh my did I learn a lot. Proper instruction from a qualified person is great and should be required by every rider when he/she/it wants to ride.

Vegas Street Rider 04-08-2017 12:30 PM

Good advice. I rode motorcycles for 48 years self taught and when I got my motorcycle license in Nevada, I had to take a riding course. I still learned a lot of new things and have since corrected a few riding mistakes.

alantf 04-08-2017 12:33 PM

[QUOTE= Proper instruction from a qualified person is great and should be required by every rider when he/she/it wants to ride.[/QUOTE]

In England it's The law. Before anyone can get a motorcycle licence they have to complete a course called Compulsary Basic Training.

Water Warrior 2 04-09-2017 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alantf (Post 87395)
In England it's The law. Before anyone can get a motorcycle licence they have to complete a course called Compulsary Basic Training.

And there is the graduated system that works well. You gain power with more experience and time in the saddle.

Here anyone can do the training and then go out and buy a super bike with their brand new license in their pocket. That is just wrong.

Vegas Street Rider 04-09-2017 11:13 AM

They are scraping up these new riders off the pavement almost daily here in Las Vegas. The power goes to their heads and they are screaming down the highway and city streets at ungodly speeds until someone pulls in front of them or they lose control. And I am not just talking about young kids. It's all ages.
Many older guys gravitate towards the Harleys. It is a big status symbol here. Bad news is that it's their first bike and they have no clue how to ride.