GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Headlight Turn Signal wire connections (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7644)

Heli ATP 11-29-2015 11:35 AM

Headlight Turn Signal wire connections

1 Attachment(s)
I was given the wrong turn signals with my 2009 GZ250. Inside the headlight is some wire connection that I'm looking for help identifying. In the attached pic there is three sets of wires that I need help with.
What are:
A. Two connectors with Green and White/Black wires on left of pic?
B. Three connectors on right of pic Black and Dark Brown and Black/White?
C. Single double connector in center of pic with two wires: Light Brown and Black/White?

Thanks!

chandlerbingfl 11-29-2015 11:27 PM

Hello! I think my first question would be is do the turn signals not work? Or are you just looking for information on the wiring...
Details always help!

chandlerbingfl

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heli ATP (Post 85195)
I was given the wrong turn signals with my 2009 GZ250. Inside the headlight is some wire connection that I'm looking for help identifying. In the attached pic there is three sets of wires that I need help with.
What are:
A. Two connectors with Green and White/Black wires on left of pic?
B. Three connectors on right of pic Black and Dark Brown and Black/White?
C. Single double connector in center of pic with two wires: Light Brown and Black/White?

Thanks!

Trinova 11-30-2015 01:03 AM

turn light wiring usually come with the rubber covering the end of connectors, I guess the Green and White/Black wires on left of pic and Dark Brown and Black/White.

just test each one of them with turn lights on, wire with colors for signaling and black/white stripes for grounding...don't worry it's safe.

Water Warrior 2 11-30-2015 03:33 AM

Post a pic of the complete signal light you say is the wrong one. It might help somewhat.

alantf 11-30-2015 04:42 AM

This is strange. The wiring diagram is a bit blurred, but as far as I can make out :- (black white is always ground) light green/blackwhite goes to RH turn signal, with green to the other filament of the bulb (riding light). brown/blackwhite goes to the LH turn signal (again with green to the other filament) and brown/blackwhite are spares which go to the front parking light bulb on European models. Looks like your colours dont match up. :???:

Heli ATP 11-30-2015 08:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I purchased my 2009 GZ250 recently with 10 miles on the clock. This was part of a State auction by our DMV. It was an unused training bike and the Turn Signals were removed to avoid damage if the bike was dropped. There were 100 bikes on auction and some parts probably got mixed up. My Turn Signals (TS's) came separate all tied up together.

Here are pics of my TS's. Both my under seat and inside of headlight wire connections have the push type. As you can see the TS components that came with my bike have a different connection.

Also the attachment bracket for the front TS don't seem to line up to any part of my bike so I was planning on purchasing some brackets. Now that I have noticed that the wire connecters are different I may as well just purchase replacement TS's. I wonder what model bike my TS came from?
Thanks again for the responses.

Vegas Street Rider 11-30-2015 04:19 PM

I also own a 2009 GZ and your brackets are either for another year or another model of bike. The one without the bracket is the rear signal. You definitely need another model of signal for the front.

Heli ATP 12-05-2015 02:10 PM

Thanks Vegas. I guessed as much.