GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   General GZ250 Talk (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   whats needed to switch to led turn signals (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8004)

anruari 11-15-2017 12:36 PM

whats needed to switch to led turn signals

okay i wanna swap out those big old ugly indicators for some smaller tidier led ones..

is there anything else i need to change in order to do this apart from the indicators themselves?

thanks..

Water Warrior 2 11-15-2017 03:00 PM

That should be fairly straight forward. You will need an "electronic flasher." Check the bike's flasher and see if it is a 2 or 3 prong unit. Your local auto parts store will have one just waiting for you.

blaine 11-15-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 (Post 88498)
That should be fairly straight forward. You will need an "electronic flasher." Check the bike's flasher and see if it is a 2 or 3 prong unit. Your local auto parts store will have one just waiting for you.

If I remember correctly the flasher unit & side stand relay are togerher in the same unit......Just disconnect the two flasher wires & hook to electronic flasher.....(Down on fuse box)

Water Warrior 2 11-16-2017 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaine (Post 88499)
If I remember correctly the flasher unit & side stand relay are togerher in the same unit......Just disconnect the two flasher wires & hook to electronic flasher.....(Down on fuse box)

Thanks Blaine. :tup:

anruari 11-25-2017 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Water Warrior 2 (Post 88498)

okay erm where in the bike would i locate the flasher and then what do i do to hook and electronic one up?

think noob..

blaine 11-25-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anruari (Post 88533)
okay erm where in the bike would i locate the flasher and then what do i do to hook and electronic one up?

think noob..

I replied above......Its down on the fuse box & you need to determine which two wires run the flasher & remove them from the box & hook to a electronic flasher.

anruari 11-27-2017 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaine (Post 88534)
I replied above......Its down on the fuse box & you need to determine which two wires run the flasher & remove them from the box & hook to a electronic flasher.

okay so the two wires that come from the flashers. and i assume to change the brake light to led you d need to add that wire also to the electronic flasher?

blaine 11-27-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anruari (Post 88535)
okay so the two wires that come from the flashers. and i assume to change the brake light to led you d need to add that wire also to the electronic flasher?

Nope fore brake light/tail light just change to a LED bulb..(1157)