GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   General GZ250 Talk (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   600 mile service check (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2387)

Tranquility 05-22-2009 10:56 AM

600 mile service check

I just dropped my bike off @ the dealer for my first (600 mile) service check.

I've been riding it to work (about 25 miles each way) on very interesting back roads ... tight turns punctuated with long straights. The more confidence I build, the cleaner the turns, and the faster the straights.

How nervous should I be that I have not been adhering to the "1/2 throttle" recommendation?

New GZ250 05-22-2009 12:09 PM

Re: 600 mile service check

Not at all, it's to late to be concerned now!
:)
Seriously don't worry!

New GZ250 05-22-2009 12:09 PM

Seriously don't worry!

Easy Rider 05-22-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New GZ250
Seriously don't worry!

:plus1:

You SHOULD be concerned about what the farmers, landscapers, OLD trucks, livestock, wild critters, etc might drop in those corners though. Wouldn't want your fun to end with a slide out!!

Or to put it another way, you should not CHARGE into corners that you can't see all the way through. :cool:

Tranquility 05-22-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New GZ250
Seriously don't worry!

Ack!!! I knew it! Oh woe is me, I totally farckled up my bike ... maybe I should trade it in before it starts nickel-and-dime'ing me to death!! :-)

Oh, it's such a great little bike, I know it won't let me down for a long, long time. It's funny, a couple people here at work have said to me "so what is that, a 650? 700?" and are very surprised to learn it's "only" a 250cc. But OH what a 250 she is!!

But back on topic: I know I was told about the 1/2 throttle "rule" but my selective memory chose to forget it once I was about 400 miles into things. It should be okay, though, right? Seriously?

Tranquility 05-22-2009 12:24 PM

[quote=Easy Rider]
Quote:

Originally Posted by "New GZ250":19z99392
Seriously don't worry!

You SHOULD be concerned about what the farmers, landscapers, OLD trucks, livestock, wild critters, etc might drop in those corners though. Wouldn't want your fun to end with a slide out!!

Or to put it another way, you should not CHARGE into corners that you can't see all the way through. :cool:[/quote:19z99392]

Hi Easy, Oh no no no, I don't charge through the turns, no way! Downshift, downshift, slow, look, press, throttle, upshift, upshift ... it's on the long straights that I open her up. Ha ha: "open up", like 45-50 mph max. What a speed demon!!!

Water Warrior 2 05-22-2009 03:32 PM

[quote=Easy Rider]
Quote:

Originally Posted by "New GZ250":1njz5q5x
Seriously don't worry!

[/quote:1njz5q5x]

Or to put it another way, you should not CHARGE into corners that you can't see all the way through.

+1 What Easy said. Can't think of a better way to break in a GZ. Ride enjoy ride smile ride giggle and ride some more.

Easy Rider 05-22-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tranquility
It should be okay, though, right? Seriously?

Yes.....Scouts Honor.....oops, I never was a Scout and about the honor part, well....... :whistle:

Tranquility 05-22-2009 03:57 PM

Thanks guys, I feel better. Not that I was reeeeally stressing ... just a little concerned about putting undue stress on my baby ... of which I've been referring to as "Susie" lately.

Easy Rider: Never a scout? Never ever? Not even a Webelo? Or a Cub? Awwwwwwww.

New GZ250 05-22-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tranquility
I just dropped my bike off @ the dealer for my first (600 mile) service check.

I've been riding it to work (about 25 miles each way) on very interesting back roads ... tight turns punctuated with long straights. The more confidence I build, the cleaner the turns, and the faster the straights.

How nervous should I be that I have not been adhering to the "1/2 throttle" recommendation?

Curious how much the 600 mile service cost, as I will be taking mine in the near future. Sure it will be a lot higher here, California.
Thanks in advance! :??: