GZ 250 Forums

GZ 250 Forums (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Discussion (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   More rain in Atlanta, I'm gonna need a jet ski! (http://www.gz250bike.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2777)

burkbuilds 11-10-2009 06:41 PM

More rain in Atlanta, I'm gonna need a jet ski!

I think Atlanta's average rainfall amount is around 50", the last time I heard we were over by 10" and it has been raining hard again since about this time last night without

letting up. Maybe I should have gotten a jet ski instead of a motorcycle O_o Oh well, been riding in it anyway, I just take a little more time and give myself more room to

brake and take the turns slower and more upright than usual. At times like these, good rain gear is worth the price but I'm ready for a nice warm, dry day! :cool:

alanmcorcoran 11-10-2009 07:26 PM

Re: More rain in Atlanta, I'm gonna need a jet ski!

Didn't you guys run out of water last year? Perhaps it's just evening out.

Easy Rider 11-10-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Didn't you guys run out of water last year? Perhaps it's just evening out.

Almost....and we can hope. (My daughter lives there.)

Some of those "wacco scientists" that claim there is a global climate change taking place also said that the first and probably most noticeable effect will be MUCH wider than normal local climate swings: less rain than normal, then more rain than normal; colder than normal, then hotter. That is looking to be true here; last year was HOT and relatively dry; this year cool and very much wetter than normal.

burkbuilds 11-10-2009 11:15 PM

Back as far as Mark Twain's day he said " if you don't like the weather here, wait around, it will change." Seems like everybody from Fundamentalist Christians to Global warming scientists tend to go all "end of the world" every time the weather weather changes! Well guess what, there's nothing new about that! That's what weather does, it changes, it is unpredictable (or the local weather guys would be right more often) and yet every time ANY weather extreme happens people start harping on stuff like "it's global warming" that's causing (Hurricanes, lack of hurricanes, flooding, drought, hot weather, cold weather, snow, lack of snow). I've been hearing this crap all of my life, in the 70's the Scientists stated emphatically that we were heading into an Ice age and we were all going to freeze to death, then in the 80's the Ozone layer was going away and we were all going to die of skin cancer,(better wear SPF 2000) then it became "global warming" and we are all going to burn up and die! I'm sick of having these morons manipulate the public into giving them control and billions of dollars by scaring everybody to death with all these extremist "facts" that seem to contradict themselves about every decade or so. When are we going to wake up and realize that this is all bullshit? Weather changes, we adapt, that's why we are around and many other species are not. I don't know about you but I'd love to see the average global temperature go up a few degrees! Russia wouldn't have to start any more wars to get a Winter port that wasn't frozen in, and all those Northern countries would have a longer growing season and we could all ride our bikes in comfort more of the year! If you really think the ocean is going to rise significantly, go buy some real estate that's currently about 5' higher than the stuff down by the beach now, you'll get filthy rich selling ocean front property in a few years!

Easy Rider 11-11-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burkbuilds
I'm sick of having these morons manipulate the public into giving them control and billions of dollars by scaring everybody to death with all these extremist "facts" that seem to contradict themselves about every decade or so. When are we going to wake up and realize that this is all bullshit?

I just KNEW I shouldn't have mentioned that. :cry:

I'm sorry but I can't agree with you......not this time.
The evidence is mounting daily and is becoming overwhelming.
It is not just a few "morons" that are concerned.

Not worth you and I fighting about it because we can't really do anything one way or the other. Time will tell. I hope it ends up that you are right but I fear that you won't be.

burkbuilds 11-28-2009 11:07 PM

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICL ... rming.html

http://www.globalclimatescam.com/

I rest my case.

Easy Rider 11-30-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

I rest my case.

I come to the Atlanta area about 3-4 times a year; sometimes on my bike.
I had really hoped we could get together for coffee or a short ride sometime.......
BUT........
If you insist on using THIS forum to promote a political or religious agenda.......well, then I guess it ain't gonna happen.

And if we do happen to meet and you start that up in person, it will be a REAL short meeting.

SIGH!

JWR 11-30-2009 07:06 PM

Get over yourself, Easy.

:poorbaby:

Easy Rider 11-30-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWR
Get over yourself, Easy.

OK, you want to string it out............
Just exactly WTF does that mean ???

JWR 11-30-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:

I rest my case.

I come to the Atlanta area about 3-4 times a year; sometimes on my bike.
I had really hoped we could get together for coffee or a short ride sometime.......
BUT........
If you insist on using THIS forum to promote a political or religious agenda.......well, then I guess it ain't gonna happen.

And if we do happen to meet and you start that up in person, it will be a REAL short meeting.

SIGH!

burkbuilds started this thread. He is free to say anything in it he wants.

You do not have to agree with him, but please do not go the childish route.
Do you really think you are breaking burks heart by not getting to meet you???
Sounds like a 5th grade threat to me.

Look in the mirror...who would really change the way they are just to meet you???